Webbing on the Easton Ghost Advanced?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 11, 2020
I thought you didnt send the ADV back, that you got a refund and was buying another?
I did send back the ADV. I had to send it back before they could ship out the replacement. I ended up just getting a replacement instead of a refund because it would be a lot faster to get the bat than to wait for a refund and repurchase.

Feb 11, 2020
Is this after tee work, machine pitching or live pitching? How many swings? What kind of balls are you using? Looking at those big blue and purple smudges.
Both times it was with live pitching and with good weather, around low to mid 70s. Both times the cracks were noticed within 75-100 swings. We have different brands in our buckets- Trump, Dudley and some Wilson’s. Nothing out of the ordinary.

She was swinging a 30/20 dual stamp ghost (white & gold). That one also broke within 4 months. I’m hoping there isn’t a durability issue with the ghost bats because she loves them. That’s 2 broken ghost within 5 months.
Must have gotten a bad batch my dd has the whole ghost lineup and they are all hitting hot as ever. The advanced is hot sounds good can't wait to see her hit it in live games but that's not till April 11 first tournament. The advanced is close to being the best bat in the lineup but the asa ghost is probably one of the best fastpitch bats ever made imo absoutley a fire stick

Alright guys so we received the replacement ghost advanced yesterday. Took it for a spin today and looks to be broken AGAIN! Correct me if I’m wrong, but that definitely looks like a crack to me. Again, this was only one day into having the bat. One batting practice session. Think I’m done with ghost 😪
If you are hitting off machine what kind of balls? If they older than one or two season old dimple balls could be your culprit. They get heavy and hard from improper storage we buy new ones every year for that reason they aren't that expensive

Both times it was with live pitching and with good weather, around low to mid 70s. Both times the cracks were noticed within 75-100 swings. We have different brands in our buckets- Trump, Dudley and some Wilson’s. Nothing out of the ordinary.
I would venture to say the trumps are to hard. If I'm not mistaken aren't those homerun derby balls for slow pitch?

Mar 28, 2014
DD's teammates have broken 3 Ghost's in the last 2 weeks. Same type of cracks as depicted in the pics here. Weather of 60-70 degrees. No pitching machine. Sure you get a replacement but the shipping back and forth and waiting for it isn't worth it.

Mar 28, 2014
I would venture to say the trumps are to hard. If I'm not mistaken aren't those homerun derby balls for slow pitch?
Trump makes regular .47 core balls not just the evil ball. And plenty of bats hit those evil balls without an issue. It's not the "hardness" of ball being hit.

Feb 18, 2014
This would be a perfect fake post by an Easton competitor, but it's so true..... how are they still selling the ghost or any of it's iterations?

Sep 27, 2014
I assure you my concerns were genuine. Aside from the paint cracks, DD's is still mashing the ball like no other bat that ive seen. She loves this thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28