Weather Pods/Tents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
You need this, @uncdrew.

A lot of those setup and break down faster than some of the weather pods I've seen people struggle with.

At DD's last tournament, I saw a set of parents in a double sized pod and they had a portable heater running. As I paced around under a pop-up canopy trying to stay warm and dry....I didn't think the pod thing was quite as ridiculous as I had before.

Jun 8, 2016
My DW uses one with my sons (7 and 4) and invariably about 5 min after they get in it the boys start wrestling/fighting and I get a text from DW telling me I need to come and get one of them. I end up having to explain to the person collecting gate that I didn't pay but have to go in and rescue my wife...good times.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Truthfully, there's no shame in using one. We start HS ball in late March, and it's still cold at that time of year. When the wind is blowing 20-25 MPH, and it's 42° outside, I'd certainly love to be in one of those pods. Make fun of me all you want. At least I'd be warm and dry.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I will freely admit there were plenty of times I wished I'd had one out here. My Yeti was simply not enough. I did have a feature in mind that I never saw available as an option though and in my case it was often needed...sound proof insulation. Wouldn't need to walk the OF fence as much.

Apr 21, 2021
We have one. We have only used it a few times. It was difficult to fold up. It was great for windy, cold days, but not rainy ones. Kept you dry while watching the games, and then got soaked while trying to get it back in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2022
We have one. We have only used it a few times. It was difficult to fold up. It was great for windy, cold days, but not rainy ones. Kept you dry while watching the games, and then got soaked while trying to get it back in the bag.

It will get easier to fold up as you do it more often and figure it out…have had mine for years and it wants to fold up now

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28