Wear current TB team gear to tryouts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Clothing doesn't make the player. Tell her to be a boss and take care of business

Not according to Deion "PRIME TIME" Sanders! ;) "Look good, feel good...feel good, play good....play good, get paid good...get paid good, eat good....eat good, live good!"

Just sayin... ☺

Nov 29, 2009
A a coach that has run many tryouts over the years, this is what I'd do. If she's trying out for team the best thing to wear is a bright colored jersey with her name on the back. When you've got a bunch of kids there with similar colored jerseys it's not a bad thing to stick out. Neon pink, orange or green.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
^^^ This. When I was still running tryouts, wearing a bright shirt helped the player stand out. Having their name on the back is a nice touch. I would consider softball pants a requirement but team colors are not necessary. DD always had an extra pair of black pants. Sometimes other colors as well. I'm not a fan of wearing the current teams jersey but I wouldn't hold it against someone either. Just not something I would do personally.

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
We had 2 players show up multiple years in a row trying out in another orgs, uni, the 1st year they were offered spots, 2nd year they were not much better than anyone coming back, we said no on the spot, think they were using it as a free workout, please show up to tryouts for teams you only want to play for, don’t waste everyone’s time.

Mar 28, 2014
We had 2 players show up multiple years in a row trying out in another orgs, uni, the 1st year they were offered spots, 2nd year they were not much better than anyone coming back, we said no on the spot, think they were using it as a free workout, please show up to tryouts for teams you only want to play for, don’t waste everyone’s time.
How are they supposed to know if they want to play for the team without seeing what the team is all about?

Jun 30, 2020
Any time my DD went to tryout it was because we were already done with the previous travel team for whatever reason, so she wouldn't wear that team's shirt. She preferred to wear a school shirt or a camp shirt. Her choice.

It took a while but we appear to have finally found a travel ball home and are done with tryouts for the forseeable future, hopefully.

Reactions: NEF
Aug 25, 2019
This is my reasoning~
If already on a team....
Going to a camp and wearing your team garb represents the team your on.

When its time to move on
and go to tryouts
its time to wear something else.

Again i ask
What is her reasoning?
Her reasoning is probably to say "hey look, I'm already on a team, but I want to get on a better team"....

Apr 26, 2019
I Appreciate everyone contributing. For those, again, more learned than I, have you ever heard of a situation where current players are told no need to attend tryouts. You can assume you are on the team.. HOWEVER, if i find someone better than you, you are off the team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802