Wear current TB team gear to tryouts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
DD is on a TB team. She wants to kick the tires on some other clubs for a few different reasons. (If it matters we can discuss it via p.m.)

She wants to wear her uniform or practice uni to tryouts. I am of the opinion she should just wear a t-shirt, black or navy softball pants and matching socks. Her helmet and bat bag will have the logo. It is what it is with those

Looking for opinions. Should she wear gear with her current team's name? Would it be detrimental to the team holding practice's opinion of her?

Thank you.

Jul 22, 2015
I coach a team and have seen this so many times. I never understand why a kid would do this or a parent would let them. Wear a shirt that makes her easy to remember (school logo, bright color, whatever) but not a current team uniform. If you like them so much why are you at my tryout?

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
If you are going to wear any part of a uniform make it the pants /socks only. A full uniform seems unnecessary. Let your talent make the tryout memorable. Besides tryout application should ask about the current team.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
She wants to wear her uniform or practice uni to tryouts.

I am of the opinion she should just wear a t-shirt, black or navy softball pants and matching socks. Her helmet and bat bag will have the logo. It is what it is with those

Looking for opinions. Should she wear gear with her current team's name? Would it be detrimental to the team holding practice's opinion of her?

Thank you.
Have you asked her why she wants to wear her uniform Or practice gear to another teams tryout?

Mar 28, 2020
I coach a team and have seen this so many times. I never understand why a kid would do this or a parent would let them. Wear a shirt that makes her easy to remember (school logo, bright color, whatever) but not a current team uniform. If you like them so much why are you at my tryout?
I was thinking the exact same thing........why are you at the tryout????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28