WE need more female coaches~

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
That's probably it. I'm an outlier yet again...... :ROFLMAO::unsure:
Women are also, in general, better at multi-tasking so I am sure you were simultaneously solving the traveling salesman problem, helping your DD with her HW and doing your DH's laundry when you posted that... :p

Nov 15, 2019
My 14 year old DD has been talking about how she wants to coach someday. She's has a pretty high softball IQ and is very vocal on the field so I think she'd be pretty good at it. What would you do to facilitate her love for it? See if she can help out with the younger age little league?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Nope. They were successful with a certain type of player and didn’t know how to get the best out of a player like you.

@RADcatcher by headwinds I mean that some types of coaches have things hold them back that are completely inconsequential. Example: one of the best coaches either dd ever had was a basketball coach that couldnt get enough court time to coach basketball, the sport he loved the most. He learned to coach softball by reading books (probably because there wasn’t an internet yet).

Some people today would say that he can’t be an effective coach because he “never played the game.”
Nice glad i asked for clarification
Completely inconsequential.
( was thinking headwinds might have meant resistance)

May 27, 2013
My 14 year old DD has been talking about how she wants to coach someday. She's has a pretty high softball IQ and is very vocal on the field so I think she'd be pretty good at it. What would you do to facilitate her love for it? See if she can help out with the younger age little league?

That’s what my dd has done. She has assisted with youth softball clinics that were run by a local facility, taught individual and group pitching lessons to younger players, and will be teaching slapping to one of her former TB coach’s dd.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, we certainly have a hard time in this country breaking the 1960s shackles where women are supposed to be at home with the kids. I sure hope we can make progress on that.

As a dad, I too quickly jumped to volunteer with sports. Before being asked, even. My head simply went to "I have my evenings free, I can do it". Where I know my wife would think "in the evening I have to make dinner, get kids bathed, etc. etc." My wife is an equestrian trainer and trains about 5 kids, so she does go off with them often and I stay home with our other kids. So at least in my family it's a bit more even-steven than in others.

Oct 4, 2018

She needs to approach random parents and explain how they are parenting incorrectly. The verbal abuse she'll receive will be great training for her future coaching career.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478