Wasserman High Level Throwing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
Happy New Year, everyone!

I have been contemplating purchasing the Wasserman High Level Throwing book for a while.

Does anyone have a used copy they are willing to sell?

Also, does anyone know how different the books are from softball to baseball?

Other feedback on the value of the book overall?

Thank you all for any feedback!

Apr 30, 2018
It is an electronic book that is tied to your login so there isn't a way to sell a used copy of it. Well worth it though. It is loaded with tons of videos.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2019
It is an electronic book that is tied to your login so there isn't a way to sell a used copy of it. Well worth it though. It is loaded with tons of videos.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Lancer!

I was wondering if there were older versions in hardcopy since they show pictures of them on the website. Has it always been e-book only?

Probably worth it for the videos alone I'm guessing, but thought I would explore the hardcopy version anyway. (I'm old fashioned still when it comes to having a book in my hands vs an e-book.)

Nov 18, 2015
I've only seen (and bought) the softball version. The videos are specific to softball, but only in that they show a female throwing a softball. Mechanically, I'd be very surprised if there was a difference b/w the softball and baseball versions.

Buy it. Next best thing to attending his clinic. In fact, you'd probably get more from his clinics (as a coach/parent) if you read the book / watched the videos first. (There's text, but the key benefit to the ebook is the slow motion videos.).

It may sound like we're all just a bunch of fanboys (fan-dads?), but it really is the gold standard.

Jan 8, 2019
Thank you, @Eric F and @Gags ! Looks like I need to not try to be a cheapskate and just pony up the dough.

The reason I was asking about the difference between the BB and SB versions is that DD needs some mechanics tweaking and is likely more capable of understanding the nuances of the book/videos than my DS, who is a little younger but needs more mechanics work than big sis. Not sure which version to buy, and definitely don't want to pay for both. Any additional thoughts on that? They should have it on a library system.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you, @Eric F and @Gags ! Looks like I need to not try to be a cheapskate and just pony up the dough.

The reason I was asking about the difference between the BB and SB versions is that DD needs some mechanics tweaking and is likely more capable of understanding the nuances of the book/videos than my DS, who is a little younger but needs more mechanics work than big sis. Not sure which version to buy, and definitely don't want to pay for both. Any additional thoughts on that? They should have it on a library system.

I haven't compared both books, but it probably doesn't make a lot of difference. When I jumped in, there was only 1. what I do know is that every young player I've been around who learned from Wasserman's mechanics early on in their development has continued to be at the top of their age for throwing velocity.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks again, @Eric F ! I presume that the first book was the softball version?

AW is not primarily a "softball guy". I believe the first book was just "high-level throwing", not specific to one game or another. I don't recall if any of the examples used females, but some of the blog info AW was putting out at the time included examples with softball players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478