Warning - Four years flies by very fast...are you ready?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
I started visiting this forum when my daughter was early in her high school years...and now she has played her last college softball game and will graduate in less than a week. These past four years have gone by unbelievably fast but I am very grateful for all of the opportunities I had to see her play. She started playing this game when she was 6 and it has been a heck of a 15 year ride. For her part, while she was sad to see it end, she was also very ready for it to end. Now on to (hopefully) bigger and better things.

For parents whose daughters are about to start their college journey, my simple advice is don't blink, because it goes by very fast. And while you're not blinking, stay out of the way. Let it be her journey, good bad or indifferent. Be a cheerleader, nothing more.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Congrats to your DD.

MIne finished her freshman year playing just 1 game for the season... only 3 more to go. She has a 5th year of eligibility, but I have doubts she will use it.

It happens FAST.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I started visiting this forum when my daughter was early in her high school years...and now she has played her last college softball game and will graduate in less than a week. These past four years have gone by unbelievably fast but I am very grateful for all of the opportunities I had(Got) to see her play. She started playing this game when she was 6 and it has been a heck of a 15 year ride. For her part, while she was sad to see it end, she was also very ready for it to end. Now on to (hopefully) bigger and better things.
Fixed it. See above.

I stumbled onto this site, looking for bat reviews when DD was in 7th grade. I scoured this forum everyday trying to learn everything I can about TB and college recruiting. Other parents came to me for softball knowledge only because I got it here first.

She was only playing on a Summer/Fall All-Star team at the time, and now Only 2 more years left in college softball, although she will be considered a 3rd year freshman in the fall.

Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
I started visiting this forum when my daughter was early in her high school years...and now she has played her last college softball game and will graduate in less than a week. These past four years have gone by unbelievably fast but I am very grateful for all of the opportunities I had to see her play. She started playing this game when she was 6 and it has been a heck of a 15 year ride. For her part, while she was sad to see it end, she was also very ready for it to end. Now on to (hopefully) bigger and better things.

For parents whose daughters are about to start their college journey, my simple advice is don't blink, because it goes by very fast. And while you're not blinking, stay out of the way. Let it be her journey, good bad or indifferent. Be a cheerleader, nothing more.

I am curious if you have any plans for the end? I have asked this on the forum before, any special plans? After 15 years dedicating yourself to a game, looking for ideas on how to end it in a special way.

May 29, 2019
The four high school years go fast too! DD is playing in our state tournament right now, so each game could be her last HS game ever. She is going to play in college, but it's 7 hours away. I may only get to see her play a handful of times ever again. 😢

Jun 11, 2012
Congrats to your DD.

MIne finished her freshman year playing just 1 game for the season... only 3 more to go. She has a 5th year of eligibility, but I have doubts she will use it.

It happens FAST.
C just finished her junior year and found out the she was accepted into the accelerated masters program that she wanted. She’ll likely be playing a 5th year unless it gets too crazy.
Missing the majority of sophomore season was rough as was not being able to be at any of her games this year although she did FaceTime me after most games when she’d walk home from the gym but it’s not the same.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
I am curious if you have any plans for the end? I have asked this on the forum before, any special plans? After 15 years dedicating yourself to a game, looking for ideas on how to end it in a special way.

No specific plans. We enjoyed Senior Day during their last home games a couple of weeks ago, and look forward to this weekend's in-person graduation ceremony. My daughter is not one for teary farewells or big celebrations. A longer-than-usual hug from us and well wishes from current and former teammates did the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802