Warming up like you want to play the game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2008
A huge part of success involves actually warming up like you expect to play the game. Yet teams spend tons of timing throwing and catching in a quiet environment just staring straight at each other. An environment that they will NEVER be in once the game starts. This brief video demonstrates a great drill that teams can practice which involves girls HAVING to throw/catch just like in a game. They have to FOCUS and cut out the distractions or else someone will get a black eye. In the video you'll see 6 players keeping 3 softballs going. Two jobs to do, find the person throwing to you and make your catch, then find the person you have to throw to and make your throw.

No time for distractions like watching others do their job. No time to worry about umpires. No time to worry about crowd noise. FOCUS and ISOLATE your two tasks, one at a time and the team succeeds. Lose focus, rush a catch or rush a throw and the team fails.

Focus Drill for Throwing - YouTube

Sep 17, 2009
Have always done the star drill with five players (and once with three balls with five players!)...took me a second to see your pattern.

Oct 18, 2009
Birmingham, Alabama
I've used it a lot, but more as a focus/concentration drill with the girls much closer in and not the full throws that was here - -that said, I like spreading it out and making it their warm up throws.''

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog