Walkup song

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Last tournament we played a team that was an age level below us. But when each girl came up it would announce the player and then play their walk up music for an obscene amt of time. I'm all for walk up music - sometimes we even do it but it was delaying the game so much bc our pitcher still had to wait to get the pitch. Even in rec ball when we started using pitch calls, we had to request to get walk up music to be lowered so we could hear it.

I know in HS they do pretty much the same thing but it never seems to take as long to me. Are there any rules to how long the "announcement" is allowed to take? I may have counted fast but it was def between 20-30 seconds each girl. Am I just being critical?

Oct 26, 2019
Last tournament we played a team that was an age level below us. But when each girl came up it would announce the player and then play their walk up music for an obscene amt of time. I'm all for walk up music - sometimes we even do it but it was delaying the game so much bc our pitcher still had to wait to get the pitch. Even in rec ball when we started using pitch calls, we had to request to get walk up music to be lowered so we could hear it.

I know in HS they do pretty much the same thing but it never seems to take as long to me. Are there any rules to how long the "announcement" is allowed to take? I may have counted fast but it was def between 20-30 seconds each girl. Am I just being critical?
The players shouldn’t be waiting for the walk up music to finish. That can’t control or take over the game. The coach should speak to the umpire if it becomes an issue like that.

Jul 24, 2021
Southeast
We haven't ran across this before, I'd guess we've only encountered (and use) about 5 to ten seconds of walk up music. Though for teams that also announce the player and number, it may take longer I reckon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812