Walk Up Song? What is yours?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
OK. Walk up songs can be viewed as silly but what is yours. My DD is heading to Auburn next year and she has chosen Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama for her walk up song. No, her home is not Alabama but it represents where her new home will be...I guess?? Happy for her but even more happy she chose a Lynyrd Skynyrd song versus a recent rap song than I dont even know what it means......

What is yours? Please share.

S3

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Last spring, my DD's first season playing softball as a 7-year-old in 8U, the team used an app and a speaker to have the girls announced with walk-up songs. DD chose the below (censored version). It was just a 3-5 second clip. The uncensored version is whoooaaaa not okay for a 7 y/o.

Jan 8, 2019
I think someone posted on another thread last year that almost their entire 8U team made them play Old Town Road

By the end of the season, I think the parents were threatening violence if they had to hear it again.

IMO, no walk up songs unless you're at a single stadium event with a house PA system.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD as a freshman in high school last year had “Here comes the Boom” from POD. Play on a high school turf field with a fairly loud system lol. No travel walk ups though

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
DD will be a HS freshman this year....she's narrowed it down to her top 3.
Kick Start My Heart- Motley Crue
Dr. Feel Good- Motley Crue
Crazy Train- Ozzy

She likes the openings of these songs, especially since they will only be played for 10-30 seconds.

Old town road was a definite NO! WHEW!

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD's is "A Warrior's Call" By Volbeat, qued to the "Let's Get ready To Rumble" part at 0:32. That is when they are allowed to play them.

On a side note...
I went to High School with one of the first major league'rs (Trevor Hoffman) that used a walk up (in?) song. Hell's Bell's ACDC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28