VPX Softball Harness

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA

I've seen other straps and harness set ups being used before where they get attached to a wall or fence. This one gets attached to your leg or foot. Feeling the resistance/movement during a hitting/pitching motion for many seems difficult. Has anyone used this tool and if so what was your impression?

Dec 11, 2010
I looked at quite a few videos- I think dd over cooks her rear foot coming off the ground/unweighting.

so... sale price of $89.... maybe....

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Thx WW...probably watched too many videos over here! Over the years I think I've used every cue imaginable to get my (pitcher) DD to separate from the rubber a bit earlier, thrust the hips and go knee to knee earlier. Started imagining that this "might" provide an additional cue or feel to that link in the chain. Yeah, at $89....??? Wish we could borrow one first and just get a feel for whether it's something that would add value and get repeated use. Feel the same way about the Queen of the Hill but that's an even bigger $$$ drop.

Dec 11, 2010
Also McClendon talks about how she tends to over rotate and this helps her with that.

Im not sure I’m picturing that. Thoughts?

Dec 11, 2010
Thx WW...probably watched too many videos over here! Over the years I think I've used every cue imaginable to get my (pitcher) DD to separate from the rubber a bit earlier, thrust the hips and go knee to knee earlier. Started imagining that this "might" provide an additional cue or feel to that link in the chain. Yeah, at $89....??? Wish we could borrow one first and just get a feel for whether it's something that would add value and get repeated use. Feel the same way about the Queen of the Hill but that's an even bigger $$$ drop.
I’m no pitching guy but I CAN picture that...

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Have you read thru the Drive Mechanics thread. For pitching, Java's rigid drive foot and 2 step drill helped my DD a ton. Just wasn't sold on the QOTH, especially for that dollar amount. I forget who sells them on here, maybe he will let you test one out.

Feb 15, 2017
Have you read thru the Drive Mechanics thread. For pitching, Java's rigid drive foot and 2 step drill helped my DD a ton. Just wasn't sold on the QOTH, especially for that dollar amount. I forget who sells them on here, maybe he will let you test one out.

No skin in the game here but DD tried one out at Rick Paulys clinic in Ft Wayne last November and we bought one. Best softball “gadget” we have ever used (and we have a bunch). DD (07) was throwing consistently 53-54 before and now is riding 56-58. More so that anything I believe it has helped her get the backside through which has helped posture, fixed the monkey butt and her whip has improved because of the better brush. Maybe its just the way I am training her but that is the only thing we have done differently. Built like a tank, it will last far longer than rubber hoses and velcro.

I too wondered about the device in question because I’ve been inundated with ads. Find it interesting what a strong review Monica Abbott gives it. Probably to some degree it is the same concept as a $400 bat not fixing a $4 swing - I think you have to know how to use it. With DD coming up with ways to make her “feel” something has always lead to breakthroughs. Some can watch a video and just do something and some of us have baby giraffes that need some assistance.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Yes, I've studied it at length and often return to it. We've worked with Java directly (both in person when we've been able to visit and some online stuff). Yet, DD still has a bit of an issue at times with this and of course, I'd like to find that magic bullet. :)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
No skin in the game here but DD tried one out at Rick Paulys clinic in Ft Wayne last November and we bought one. Best softball “gadget” we have ever used (and we have a bunch). DD (07) was throwing consistently 53-54 before and now is riding 56-58. More so that anything I believe it has helped her get the backside through which has helped posture, fixed the monkey butt and her whip has improved because of the better brush. Maybe its just the way I am training her but that is the only thing we have done differently. Built like a tank, it will last far longer than rubber hoses and velcro.

I too wondered about the device in question because I’ve been inundated with ads. Find it interesting what a strong review Monica Abbott gives it. Probably to some degree it is the same concept as a $400 bat not fixing a $4 swing - I think you have to know how to use it. With DD coming up with ways to make her “feel” something has always lead to breakthroughs. Some can watch a video and just do something and some of us have baby giraffes that need some assistance.
I have been interested in the QOTH since it came out for the exact same reasons that I was looking at this, kinda wish I would have bought one back then but figured I'd wait for more reviews and then I figured someone around here that I could test before dropping the coin. DD has good mechanics (usually), no monkey butt, good BI and posture, I just feel there is more on the table with an even stronger push and better timing and that something like this (along with continued work and training) could help take her pitching to that next level.

BTW, and I almost hate to bring this up but some of Monica's stuff in the video's for the VPX run counter to what some have talked about on here. I may be misunderstanding (and haven't gone back in the threads to review it yet) but she uses the vpx on her stride foot and talks about putting the heel down on the ground when she loads before the push. Much discussion here has been about keeping the ankle more rigid and not letting the heel drop. I think it was JRyan who went even farther talking about the hyper-arch? Anyway, my interest with the VPX would be for my DD's right foot/leg (she's a RHP). Thanks for the feedback, for the time being we're still working on it the old fashioned way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802