Vinci Fortus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2013
Are these gloves big enough for 12 inch ball, looking for a new glove for next year moving up to 12u. We want plenty of time to break in and get used to it.
She is very small with small hands, and uses a floppy Mizuno now.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Yes. DD has the 12" and while it's smaller than some it has been an easy breakin and and much better than her similar priced mizuno gloves. (Think it was an MVP) Next glove will be a Vinci but in a higher grade leather.

Mar 15, 2013
She is 10 maybe 60-65 pounds thats the problem she needs a small glove,b but doesn't like anything but here floppy Muzuno

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Recently sold a new 12.5 fortus to a smaller player on our team. She loves it so far. I would have her finger shift until she gets it broken in. 2 fingers in the pinkie slot, then shift the other two fingers over one stall.

Good luck on the glove and getting her to use it. You may have to "lose" her other glove. :)

Jun 19, 2016
Let us know how the break in process goes. I have been thinking about getting my 8 year old DD one those Fortus gloves for a while.

May 28, 2014
The breakin is rather quick, condition the palm, wrap it a few days, and just work the joints to make it easier for smaller hands - should be able to have it game ready with a parent's help in under 2 weeks. My DS uses one (9 yo ) since he is sorta casual compaired to my DD, so I haven't thrown him in an optimus yet.. (kidding :) )

Apr 16, 2015
I bought one from Drakemir recently for my 9 yo. She's had it for a couple weeks now. I wouldn't say it's game ready yet, but it will be there within the next week or so. Couldn't be happier with my order from Drakemir, btw.

Apr 22, 2016
I also picked one up, but it's still pretty hard to use for my young DD. The padding at the bottom (below horseshoe) has a lot of padding and makes it hard to close. I saw another member mentioning removing some padding from the bottom to make it easier to close. I did this last night, there's two layers of padding and I was able to remove one layer. Made it a lot easier to close and I think it's just the right amount of padding left :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478