Viewing DFP on my iPad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
It’s not an ad, it’s browser hijacking malicious code in the sites files. The admin of this site needs to check his files.

For an apple device, the only fix I know of is to press the x e the page is loading. Wait for the content to load, once it does, quickly hit x before the page stops loading. It’s a pain in the butt, but only work around that keeps me from winning the grand prize constantly.

Well, then you haven't yet tried a good ad-block extension. ;)

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
Tried Adblock Paid the $2 and STILL GETTING FRIGGIN ADS!!

Edited: it doesn’t go to the page now but it still redirects.

Don't waste your $, it's not necessary. There's enough great open-source or free software to do the trick.

Redirects can usually come directly from your own IP's server, a crappy third party extension or even the search engine you're using. You can try searching directly from DuckDuckGo, or Google. Try to ID and remove any conflicting apps you may have, or change the DNS (address book) server you use...from you're own ISP to something like OpenDNS (208.67.222.222). Sometimes when your IP's DNS server can't find a site, it'll redirect it to it's own site or another. In this case, changing your DNS server address works great and can speed up the address lookups (this happens every time you go visit a webpage). Here's a link to helping with the latter... https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-change-dns-on-iphone-ipad/

Kudos to Marc for wishing to pick up a few bucks, but at the end of the day for the user, the site has to be navigatable...not piss you off. Hence, the dreaded ad-blocker ;)

Chris

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802