Video and change, Upper and lower

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

I am guilty of not using video enough. "Come on man!" moment. I mean we have a phone in our pocket. I think since I got the blast sensor I rely on that too much. Lower bat speed equals something's wrong- try this. Trying to diagnose with the naked eye. Gonna get the phone out more often.
I like that he admits that he worked as a coach on upper body and hand path too much before getting bottom half right. He comes across a little like the enlightened One talking to the uneducated masses. So to hear him admit his wrong is refreshing. I don't really like to use upper and lower because it can translate into legs vs. hands. I would prefer upper and lower torso would be a better terms. Maybe hip chassis and shoulder chassis? If you get the torso right, the hands will probably be right. OK let me put it this way instead. If the torso is wrong the hands will be wrong for sure.

May 12, 2016
"He comes across a little like the enlightened One talking to the uneducated masses"..

Really? I just feel he enunciates important concepts

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"He comes across a little like the enlightened One talking to the uneducated masses"..

Really? I just feel he enunciates important concepts
No, don't get my wrong. I like his stuff and a lot of it is free! I guess he just over enunciates. And with his cadence of speech he could be a preacher, LOL. Maybe it's just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802