Video analysis???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
How many coaches/parents have used video analysis footage of thier pitchers/DD's pitching as a training aid? If you have what kind of results did you get? Thank you.
Thomas

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I have used it. basically My eyes are just not sharp or experienced enough to realize what I am seeing in real time. Just watching the video in slow motion, I can pick up a lot.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It is invaluable. It doesn't have to be fancy. It really helps the pitcher to see what is happening with the arm at 12 o'clock, 9 o'clock and at release.

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

Thanks. Any software recomendations for the do it yourselfer Coach/Father to use on a desktop pc? Or did you guys pay someone to do it for you? One last question, was it a one time thing or did you get it done numerous times and use it as a tool to improve mechanics?
TM

Thanks. Any software recomendations for the do it yourselfer Coach/Father to use on a desktop pc? Or did you guys pay someone to do it for you? One last question, was it a one time thing or did you get it done numerous times and use it as a tool to improve mechanics?
TM

Not certain how long you can wait, but Sarah and I will have a Pitching Motion Analysis software package out soon (maybe a month or so). I'm biased but it has some really great video and captioned positions for comparison. Check Fastpitch Pitching for the launch date. Also, I think the cost is going to be very affordable relative to other options out there and the great thing is it's going to be easy to use---has to be if I'm going to be able to use it :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802