Varsity HS softball has started..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD is a freshman and is the starting catcher for her varsity team. Her TB coach is also her HS coach, so they have a working knowledge of each other. It is amazing to see how the pressure filled TB world has prepared her for integrating with older and more savy players on her HS team. She is joined by her TB pitcher as well. It has been amazing to see them both come in prepared to anchor a pretty darn good HS team. Anyway, this is the SHAMELESS brag post forum, and it does feel awkward to praise so much, but here are some video highlights..

First Varsity AB

2nd Game, First AB

2nd Game, 2nd AB

She drew TWO intentional walks after that, 5RBI's in a 7-1 win! So far, she's batting 3-4 with a triple and 2HR, 1 HBP, 2 Intentional Walks.. I'm pretty sure it realistic to keep this up right?

Jun 8, 2016
Take home with those videos is if you want anybody to see where the ball goes, don't hit it to LF when the game is being streamed with AthletesGoLive... :LOL:

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Take home with those videos is if you want anybody to see where the ball goes, don't hit it to LF when the game is being streamed with AthletesGoLive... :LOL:

Amen to that... The fence had a big "belly" in it from all of the foul tips behind the catcher. The mount is super janky, so with the camera on top of the belly, it was essentially pointing too far down. Yeah, could they make the scorebox any bigger???? Haha...

Apr 20, 2015
This is awesome! Good for her. Hoping mine gets over her nerves and starts hitting like we know she can

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2018
She's a stud!!! She is going to be a Terror by the time she is a Senior. The center fielder in the first clip go really small, really fast. That was a bomb too!

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I haven't had a Freshman make varsity (at tryouts; mid-season permanent call-ups don't count) since 2018. It's going to happen this year, and I'm excited for it. I'm excited for the player(s). There's something I really love about Freshmen who make an impact on the team immediately (and, selfishly, it means I get four years of them contributing at that level).

I think videos like this are very cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101