USSSA Road to Orlando tourny

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Yep lived there for thirty years. Weather is a crap shoot. Didn't realize they were building an entire complex there in viera at the minor league field. Thought that was just the new home for the pride.

Place is going to be massive - but they are doing it in turf which is totally stupid.

Details.... USSSA Space Coast Complex

8,100 seat all turf stadium for Baseball and Softball with 11 suites and Video Board
225’ Championship Field with Video Board
Four 225’ NCAA Softball regulation Turf fields
Four 325’ baseball/softball fields
Four 385’ NCAA regulation turf baseball fields
18,000 square foot indoor facility for training, rehabilitation and clinics
175’ Championship field for 8 and under championship with a video board
1.3 million square feet of turf

Fields.jpg

May 12, 2015
Decent size complex but doesn't seem like nearly enough fields to host with the current format. Must be splitting it into septate weeks I guess. Most of the complexes by where we play now are 12 plus fields. Tyger river sc has 13.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Decent size complex but doesn't seem like nearly enough fields to host with the current format. Must be splitting it into septate weeks I guess. Most of the complexes by where we play now are 12 plus fields. Tyger river sc has 13.

As they did it in turf they have 14 field they can use. Easy enough to turn a baseball turf field into a softball configuration. So expect them to use at most 2 locations.It has been a two week event for many years anyway (8-12U one week, 14U-18U the other week). There are plenty of good complexes nearby to make it viable.

May 12, 2015
Last few years they have only been using 4-6 fields at Disney and then using the same at the fields at Fortune Park and Osceola Park.
Yes that's different. When we were there we only had 3 or 4 playable days because of rain and used every field they could find.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28