USSSA Non Approved Ghost Sighting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
Yeah... the huge amounts of emails and tournament packets and published rule books and weekly tournaments and thousands of various social media posts are not big clues.

Every competent umpire says something like 'Do you certify your team is equipped to play XXX sanction softball' and waits for the coach to say "Yes'.

That is because it is on the coach to know. It is on them to ensure their team is properly equipped. It is part of being the coach.

Marriard, you forgot the three previous times the bat was thrown out for being illegal also. 😁

I love it when the coaches act shocked but the player goes “Yeah, I know.”

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
See MIB, we talked about this before :)
This is what I mean when I say umps could try a little bit more to learn on their own what is legal and not
and make themselves better.
They get paid enough to do a little research. How many wrong Prisms are being used...haha.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What is so hard about it? Its not up to the director and umps to run around and tell every player/coach what bat
they can use...says it right on the bat. Its up to the coach and player to know. If its an ASA/USA/PGF...then that's the bat
to use. If its a USSSA tourney, then that's the bat to use.

Like MIB said, most of the time, the coaches/players already do know, they choose to not obey and not the first time
they have been told.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28