USSSA Nationals in Destin, FL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2015
Does anyone have experience with this event? Looking for pros and cons.

Was also looking at USFA in Panama City Beach… problem there is the 14A teams are pretty much all from Ohio (which is where we are from).
Thanks in advance.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Look at the USA 14UA National. It will be played in Evansville Indiana. 8 turf fields and 5 dirt fields if needed. Great area. Plenty of hotels and places to eat. Talk to your state USA a director. May be less teams, but the quality of teams will be very good.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Does anyone have experience with this event? Looking for pros and cons.

Was also looking at USFA in Panama City Beach… problem there is the 14A teams are pretty much all from Ohio (which is where we are from).
Thanks in advance.

It is fine... it rains every afternoon that time of the year and it is steaming hot when it is not. Can be a very good time if you are not 100% about the softball. The USFA event is about the same - they have been running that event forever..

Personally if you want to come to Florida, I would do the Spacecoast Nationals in Veira, FL a couple of weeks before - bigger variety of teams and lots of local Florida teams as well. Same weather - but it is turf fields and they can play 30 minutes after the rain stops.

Jul 23, 2015
Thanks. Looking for some sort of a destination event in mid-July… not sure Evansville fits, but I’ll take a look.

We did TCS Nationals in Myrtle Beach last year. Good competition there but looking for another spot. We can’t make the Space Coast date work, unfortunately. Would love to play on turf to help with rain. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Aug 23, 2017
STL Metro area
If it's the "World Series" we played in this last year (first year 18u) and it was actually in Fort Walton. The fields weren't nice, we played on baseball fields with a HUGE foul territory area, temp fences, over priced gate fees, parking sucked at this school, area was kind of run down, etc. Traffic sucks down there and it's way too crowded. They do have other parks they use, this is just my opinion on the one we were at. Plus we stayed in Miramar Beach, schedule comes out, and we are in Fort Walton! LOL (17 miles takes you an hour to get there)

One thing I can suggest is you have to go here for pizza!!!! It was a 10/10 IMO. ;)
Grimaldi's Pizzeria

Jun 30, 2022
Thanks. Looking for some sort of a destination event in mid-July… not sure Evansville fits, but I’ll take a look.

We did TCS Nationals in Myrtle Beach last year. Good competition there but looking for another spot. We can’t make the Space Coast date work, unfortunately. Would love to play on turf to help with rain. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
usa champions cup in california in mid july is a mixed bag of teams but a well run great tournament if you are looking for a destination tourny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802