USSSA Extends season through August

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
With nobody really playing in the spring/summer many of the normal reasons for leaving a team and trying to join another won't be there...

which is a bummer for my DD's 12U team which is down to 9 at the moment (10 if you include a kid who may or may not be able to play the rest of the year due to injury)

🥳 Theres that reasonable thinking again! 🥳

Feb 15, 2017
Illinois has junior high ball in the fall and we usually have our first games the first week of August. Currently the association doesn’t specifically ban dual participation but I’ve read they are planning to make that amendment this summer. Doubt Utrips announcement will matter to them and I don’t see allowing my daughter to double up. Would be way too much on the body and this is a marathon not a sprint. The only ones I see benefitting would be the states that don’t have fall high school season and of course TDs and the association.

Tryout season will be a disaster for those potentially switching teams or partial teams aging up etc.

Kudos for the effort but.....meh.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
:) Where to PLAY sounds like a GOOD conundrum to have!
PLAY in one venue or the other or both!

In so cal, while there are age requirements to move up.
It doesnt limit any tryout period.
Teams always looking for players.
Players often move up early teams as well.

Perhaps more choices with different
sb venues here.
Not certain all the choices other states.

Choices to PLAY is a nice conversation ! ;)

Aug 25, 2019
Seems like USSSA can't win. People complain when we can't play tournaments because of the virus and people complain when USSSA adds a month to their season to accommodate those that would like to make up those missed tournaments.

Personally, I like the option.
I like the option too, but I, like most everyone playing TB, have vacation plans in August, which aren't going to change. And knowing our coach, he'll have no problem with it, but if different girls have different vacation plans, we may not play at all in August.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I like the option too, but I, like most everyone playing TB, have vacation plans in August, which aren't going to change. And knowing our coach, he'll have no problem with it, but if different girls have different vacation plans, we may not play at all in August.

Go on your vacations. There is always plenty of pick up players looking to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802