USSSA Extends season through August

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
They sent out a release today that they are pushing the season's end back to Aug 31. If your daughter was to age out in August, she's now good until September 1. They say it'll open up five more potential weekends to play. It also extends team insurance another month as well.

Apr 1, 2017
Too many unknowns right now to really understand if this would interest my families.

Somewhat similar to giving seniors another year of eligibility, this could mess up things with tryouts/fall ball for next season.

Feb 20, 2020
For us, it might open up another tourney or two, but HS plays fall ball, and that takes priority for most of our girls. We usually quit our season mid July, though so it might make it possible to play into the first week of August. Better than losing it all!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Most folks around our area are shutting down right after July 4th. After that, the temperature and humidity just isn't feasible for most tournaments. And in Mid-Missouri, it certainly gets hotter elsewhere. Obviously some ball is better than no ball. But I'm guessing most teams will just get a jump start on Fall rather than trying to cram in a season in the worst parts of the summer. As a biased business owner in this industry, I hope I am wrong. I'd be happy to due the Bruce Willis Die Hard jig on the big screen if I am.

Aug 25, 2019
They sent out a release today that they are pushing the season's end back to Aug 31. If your daughter was to age out in August, she's now good until September 1. They say it'll open up five more potential weekends to play. It also extends team insurance another month as well.
I believe USSSA , girls will actually age out at end of year(Dec31) so if your DD in 2nd year 14U, she can play 14U in fall and will have to move up to 16U by January 1st. Obviously most girls move up in fall, but we had a few 18U girls playing in DD's 16U team in the fall because they could.

Jun 8, 2016
Should make tryout season a gem.
With nobody really playing in the spring/summer many of the normal reasons for leaving a team and trying to join another won't be there...which is a bummer for my DD's 12U team which is down to 9 at the moment (10 if you include a kid who may or may not be able to play the rest of the year due to injury)

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
HS ball is in fall in GA and schools start games in mid-August. Not sure how they could do TB and HS ball at the same time. But our TB team is mostly playing PGF tournaments and not USSSA anyway, so I don't know if it will matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45