USSSA Bat Mark - Effective Jan 1, 2014

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
I got an email from USSSA stating that effective Jan 1, 2014 all bats must have the new USSSA mark although it doesn't say what the new mark is.

The previous mark was, "USSSA 1.2 BPF".

I also heard a rumor that NSA was going to a new mark in 2014 although I haven't seen any details (and these things are normally announced well in advance).

Anyone play USSSA and has insight?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
1-asa-2004-usssa-stamp.jpg

Jun 18, 2010
New USSSA Fastpitch Softball Bat Marks & Grandfathering Rules
Effective January 1, 2014

Have the new permanent1 USSSA Mark on its taper OR
Have the old permanent1 USSSA mark OR
Be a Wood Bat

ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat Licensee
Effective January 1, 2014

Have the new permanent1 USSSA Mark on its taper OR
Be a Wood Bat

ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat Licensee

1. USSSA marks and other graphics of the bat must be applied permanently and must be applied by the USSSA licensed manufacturer. No stickers or decals are allowed and no one may add graphics to a bat once manufactured. Use of a bat with graphics not applied by the manufacturer will be use of an altered bat and subject to suspension under the USSSA Altered Bat rules. In addition to being violation of the USSSA Altered Bat rules, any use, creation or application of a USSSA mark without written permission of USSSA is a violation of Federal Trademark law and may result in prosecution by USSSA. If you have any concern about the person selling or providing you a bat, do not accept the bat, because you will be held responsible for any bat you bring into or use in a USSSA facility.

2. For USSSA Fastpitch Softball Only. As a result of manufacturing delays in fastpitch softball bats with the new USSSA mark on the taper, USSSA has extended the grandfather period for using old mark (“USSSA 1.20 BPF”) from January 1, 2014 to January 1, 2015. This extension applies only to USSSA Fastpitch sanctioned play and does not apply to USSSA Slow Pitch sanctioned play.

Updated 1/8/2014

New-USSSA-FP-Softball-Bat-Marks-2-29-2012.gif

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Don't worry about the NSA mark. All of the USSSA thumbprint bats I have seen have the new NSA stamp as well, but NSA hasn't made it mandatory like USSSA has.

Mar 29, 2012
yes in utrip tournaments bats have to have the new thumprint stamp. They started adding the stamps to bats the end of 2012. So if you have a 2013 bat you should be good.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Half my team would be using illegal bats if we played U-trip. All the more reason not to bother!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Half my team would be using illegal bats if we played U-trip. All the more reason not to bother!

So, are you going to say the same thing if ASA does something like this also?

Not saying this to get you fired up...haha. But think about this...ASA has a new stamp on bats right now already. Why put a new stamp out if you have no plans to enforce it at some point?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2012
ASA new stamp?

Do you mean the one on slow pitch bats? I don't think there is a new stamp for fastpitch.

Mar 26, 2013
ASA new stamp?

Do you mean the one on slow pitch bats? I don't think there is a new stamp for fastpitch.
Ajaywill posted ASA's 2013 mark has been expanded to men/boys' FP for 2014 and may be similarly approved for girl's FP in the future based on data they're gathering on swing speeds.

Edit: link to Ajaywill's post - RemovingRocketech flat spot

The difference is ASA allows almost all the previously certified bats (i.e. 2000 and 2004) as opposed to USSSA banning them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802