Using Instagram for recruiting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
DD is a freshman and has 2 instagram pages, 1 for softball and 1 for her personal life. The softball one has no privacy settings, but her personal one is set to private. She doesn't post on her personal one much and has nothing to hide but I'm hesitant to make it public. She already gets enough likes and DMs from sugar daddies on her softball account and I don't want the pictures from her personal account floating around to these weirdos.

Is it going to be a turn off to college coaches if they see she has 2 accounts and 1 is private? Does she send the link to both accounts in emails? And has anyone found instagram to be useful for recruiting or do you have to be on twitter?

Jun 8, 2016
And has anyone found instagram to be useful for recruiting or do you have to be on twitter?
I don't have Instagram and I cannot seem to get anybody to recruit me (I have 2 years of eligibility left) so maybe that is my problem?

Nov 5, 2014
And has anyone found instagram to be useful for recruiting or do you have to be on twitter?
I can't say you won't have any luck with Instagram but the primary social media platform for recruiting is definitely Twitter. IMO Twitter or any social media platform should be just one piece of a PSA's recruiting plan. I have seen too many kids who think posting a 6 second clip on Twitter and tagging 6 coaches is enough to get recruited. In most cases it's not.

Nov 15, 2019
I can't say you won't have any luck with Instagram but the primary social media platform for recruiting is definitely Twitter. IMO Twitter or any social media platform should be just one piece of a PSA's recruiting plan. I have seen too many kids who think posting a 6 second clip on Twitter and tagging 6 coaches is enough to get recruited. In most cases it's not.

Ok, thank you! We'll look at setting up a Twitter account. And yes, it's only a part of her plan. She'll be emailing coaches and trying to establish relationships and attending camps too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279