Use of Sabermetrics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I take our teams GC data and put it in a sheet I built that shows trend lines for each girl with batting average and OBP, along with the team averages for both. That way coaches can parents can see who's improving, who's struggling, and how they compare to the team average as well. Just for fun! Example for one girl below.
What did poor Maggie do for you to take away all of her hits so her average hit 0.000 twice :LOL:

Edit: on second thought I guess those were tournament by tournament averages ;)

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
What did poor Maggie do for you to take away all of her hits so her average hit 0.000 twice :LOL:

Edit: on second thought I guess those were tournament by tournament averages ;)

Those are tournament by tournament data points. She's hitting .462 for the year, .585 over the winter. Those 2 tourneys were rough ones for her and the whole team! But hey, those weekends happen.

Jul 31, 2019
I take our teams GC data and put it in a sheet I built that shows trend lines for each girl with batting average and OBP, along with the team averages for both. That way coaches can parents can see who's improving, who's struggling, and how they compare to the team average as well. Just for fun! Example for one girl below.
Do you have to pull each girls stats one game at a time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802