Use Leg Muscles! or knee savers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
I defer to you regarding ease of movement and obstruction of movement in individual situations. I am not so convinced about the medical conclusions.

Oct 14, 2019
Or learn the position correctly and put in the leg conditioning/strengthening exercises necessary to the position to play it well...or not...and let the game pass her by.
you know better than Buster Posey?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
@JayW
So whats the deal you want
every catcher to wear knee
savers?
Or are you just compairing everyone to Buster Posey?
Btw~Glad you have a catcher you like. Thats cool!

But you really arent considering the additional reasonings, theres more to catching than knee savers!

No thank you. Dont want them dont need them.
You wear'em if you want ;)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
If one catcher, whether one of the best to ever play or not, out of the thousands that played at that level likes wearing knee savers, does that make him right? No. Of course it doesn't make him wrong either.

Also, you're comparing apples to oranges. A MLB catcher vs a 12 YO softball catcher for example. Through the 19 years I've been teaching catching and coaching high level SB in general, I've seen too many good catchers get left behind that used these and failed to develop the leg strength and stamina to play the position at a high level. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one "A/Elite" level TB catcher in my area over the age of 14 that wears them. But if you want to wear them or have your DD wear them, go for it.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Here is a post from the real JayW (Jay Weaver-from NECC) which I posted previously. I suspect Buster has not been wearing Knee Savers his entire career, but has become a crutch later. One of the points made in the link is why is there an entire population of Asian that spend many hours in a catcher's sqautting position that don't have knee ailments. 99.9% of softball catchers won't catch past their 22nd birthday, and won't be needing to prolong their multi million dollar careers. Can someone please count how many college fastpitch catcher's wear Knee Savers?

https://myemail.constantcontact.com...onth-.html?soid=1100652011732&aid=O9GS805CPSA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279