USA Softball All American Games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
Has anyone here had much experience with USA Softball All American Games? Seems to be highly competitive and could be a great experience. Didn't know if anyone here had participated and if the time, effort, and expense is worth it.

Feb 12, 2014
My daughter played in the inaugural All American Games a couple of years ago. She played on a team that included girls from Ohio and West Virginia. It was an amazing experience!!!

First of all, the tryouts were really well done and occurred in multiple rounds. There was absolutely some pressure there. Once the team was selected, they had a few practices. USA Softball bused them all out to OKC along with a lot of family members.

To be able to practice and play in the WCWS softball complex was out of this world for the girls. Everything done there was first class and the competition level was outstanding.

DD is pretty darn good softball player (yes, I'm biased). She'll play at a mid-major D1 school. But, it's probably not likely that she would have ever played in OKC or wore USA across her chest without the All American Games. For those two reasons alone, it was well worth the time and cost.

May 11, 2018
My DD played in it this year. we had a great time wish they did it for 14u we would go every year. the competition was better than i expected, those girls from all the different teams played their hearts out. good luck hopefully your daughter gets selected.

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
My daughter played in the inaugural All American Games a couple of years ago. She played on a team that included girls from Ohio and West Virginia. It was an amazing experience!!!

First of all, the tryouts were really well done and occurred in multiple rounds. There was absolutely some pressure there. Once the team was selected, they had a few practices. USA Softball bused them all out to OKC along with a lot of family members.

To be able to practice and play in the WCWS softball complex was out of this world for the girls. Everything done there was first class and the competition level was outstanding.

DD is pretty darn good softball player (yes, I'm biased). She'll play at a mid-major D1 school. But, it's probably not likely that she would have ever played in OKC or wore USA across her chest without the All American Games. For those two reasons alone, it was well worth the time and cost.
Glad to hear some positive feedback. From what I can tell, our DD's are in the same region. Looks like region 2 is Ohio, WV, VA, and NC. We're in NC and tryout's are in January in Durham. Apparently there are two teams in Region 2 - a red team and a blue team. Do you know if they hold tryouts and selected players are then placed on red or blue or will each respective team have their own?

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
Thanks for the feedback. Sound like an incredible experience for players and parents! We'll keep working this winter and fingers crossed the tryouts are successful!

Feb 12, 2014
Glad to hear some positive feedback. From what I can tell, our DD's are in the same region. Looks like region 2 is Ohio, WV, VA, and NC. We're in NC and tryout's are in January in Durham. Apparently there are two teams in Region 2 - a red team and a blue team. Do you know if they hold tryouts and selected players are then placed on red or blue or will each respective team have their own?

When DD tried out, it was based on geography. Ohio/WV had one team and VA/NC had another team. It's possible that they have changed it up since then, but that was how it was done originally.

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
When DD tried out, it was based on geography. Ohio/WV had one team and VA/NC had another team. It's possible that they have changed it up since then, but that was how it was done originally.
It could certainly still be done like that, I haven't done enough research to find out yet. Being based on geography sounds a lot more logical, especially when it comes to being able to practice as a team, but I find a lot of things in softball are anything but logical LOL.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
We are thinking about signing our DD up to tryout for this year. She really wants to tryout. She is only a first-year 12U player and would be young so highly unlikely she makes the team but I figured even the tryouts would be a good experience for her. We are in a small town in MN so just being extremely athletic makes her a top 5 player in all 3 sports she plays so I think it would be beneficial to tryout against top players from the state.

The way Region 8 "Northern Region" does it is SD/ND get 5 players each, MN/WI get 10 players each. They take all 30 and sort them into 2 teams. Not certain if it is done the same way for other regions.

Apr 20, 2015
It's a fun money grab. Kids that I know that have done it have a good time and it's fun to post on Facebook but it's really expensive. In my area they always seem to have the tryouts on the same weekend as the most high end tournament in the area so they never actually get the best players from our area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feb 12, 2014
It's a fun money grab. Kids that I know that have done it have a good time and it's fun to post on Facebook but it's really expensive. In my area they always seem to have the tryouts on the same weekend as the most high end tournament in the area so they never actually get the best players from our area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think we paid anything for DD to play. Are you sure you're not confusing the USA Softball event with the USSSA one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee