USA Olympic Selection Trial Invitees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016

The body of the article lists Alo but then the list below doesn't have her in it..I assume (despite her being a defensive liability in the field) she is invited.

Edit: Looks like they corrected the list to include Jocelyn

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I am sure Coach Tarr will take the posts in this thread under consideration when selecting the team…

Dec 11, 2010
I talked to her.

She says she always checks in with crazy a$$ sports dads at DFP before making selections!

Seriously, I do think Tarr will do a much better job. Even if she was part of last teams hits and misses, she will do better this time.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I am curious to see if she takes any players who are predominantly one-way players (eg average or below average fielders)..two have already been mentioned in this thread.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD's invite must be in the mail.

But cerealously, there are two dads in our large circle of softball acquaintances who sincerely think their DDs are going to play on the Olympic softball team. It's perhaps the hardest straight-face I have to make in my life when they say this.

Jun 8, 2016
My DD's invite must be in the mail.

But cerealously, there are two dads in our large circle of softball acquaintances who sincerely think their DDs are going to play on the Olympic softball team. It's perhaps the hardest straight-face I have to make in my life when they say this.
That is what you get for talking to other parents.. ;)

They should have invited our DD's age group to prepare for the next time it will probably be an Olympic sport :rolleyes:

Jun 8, 2016
I am curious to see if she takes any players who are predominantly one-way players (eg average or below average fielders)..two have already been mentioned in this thread.
Looks like the answer is no..(If you want to play on the US team, learn how to be an elite fielder kids..)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Kind of the “same old/same old”.

Keep bunting runners to second and being really good at fielding ground balls.

The 90’s called, they want their softball back.

Nice silver, coaches. Keep up the good work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802