USA Fastpitch Rules - Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2019
regarding protests, they should be like the replay flag in NFL. two strikes (original ruling upheld, ie coach protesting was wrong), and no more for the weekend. and a small fee (only if original ruling upheld) also keeps them honest, say $50 (think $100 is excessive, I never carry that much cash ;), DW wont let me)

I do like the idea of refunding the fee if the protest changes the ruling. If the umpires were correct then the fee applies for holding up the game, if the umpires were wrong the team is not punished for insuring the proper call. Sounds reasonable to me.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I do like the idea of refunding the fee if the protest changes the ruling. If the umpires were correct then the fee applies for holding up the game, if the umpires were wrong the team is not punished for insuring the proper call. Sounds reasonable to me.

Yes that is how we do it - in fact I don't recall a tournment where the protest fee is not returned if the protest is upheld. The fee is to deter fishers and whiners - not to stop someone legitimately protesting.

Jan 27, 2019
I have never had a call protested. We have always been able to work things out at the field. I am not saying we've never missed a call but we are able to work things out. Or the coaches have decided not to risk the protest fee, I'm not sure, so I am not really certain how the protest works.

May 29, 2015
I have never had a call protested. We have always been able to work things out at the field. I am not saying we've never missed a call but we are able to work things out. Or the coaches have decided not to risk the protest fee, I'm not sure, so I am not really certain how the protest works.

Same here ... I can only think of one time I’ve ever had a game held up on a rules interpretation/“protest” and it was before the game even started (tournament director had told the teams they could bat the roster in bracket play, failed to tell the UIC and umpires). Not really a protest I guess ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28