USA Elite Select

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2014
My daughters 12u team got a bid to the USA Elite Select World Series in Kansas. How does this tournament rank on the national level and does anyone have previous experience with it? Any info is appreciated.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
My daughters 12u team got a bid to the USA Elite Select World Series in Kansas. How does this tournament rank on the national level and does anyone have previous experience with it? Any info is appreciated.

DD team will be attending this year. I know a few people that their daughters attended last year and they said it was legit. They have also played in a lot of major national tournaments and that this tournament was second to PGF. They also said that the PGF scores higher because of location and it is pretty much the only tournament where all of the major powers from Cali will be at the same time. All games are streamed in HD quality. I remember watching the championship games on national television last year. The complex seemed to be very nice.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD's team playing 18U last season and had a good experience, the team plans to return this year although DD will not be there. Tournament drew a lot of the top teams from across the country. Some teams played as a tune up for PGF and some teams made it their last tournament of the season. The facilities were nice and there are a lot of good lodging and dining options.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
DD played in the 16u last year and enjoyed it. There were about 48 teams. My casual observation was that the top 10-12 teams probably all had a pair of future D-I pitchers, but that the lower 24 - while solid and respectable - would have a tough time qualifying for PGF nationals. But having never seen PGF nationals in person, take all that for what it's worth.

Mar 2, 2014
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it will be a good tournament to test her team against a few big names.

J

Oct 31, 2014
a0eabb24423eaff86c5fdac93b4460e7.jpg

This is only SOME of the teams that will be competing this year. Look at the 16U division. There is a ton of talent in that bracket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
Look forward to seeing you here. Though my daughters team will not be playing we will be attending as spectators as we live about 5 miles from the complex. Lots to do in the KC area between games at very reasonable prices. Also, if you are looking for a practice location between games there are a lot of options, both indoor and out, that can accommodate you while you are in town.

Jul 17, 2012
Legit tournament!! Coaches everywhere and as someone above posted games are streamed live in HD. My daughter received tons of traction from coaches there and coaches that seen her on the live streams..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802