USA- Any changes to Rule 8.2.M?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I would also add to that ... keep in mind that USA Softball and USSSA softball do NOT write rule books for youth sports. They write rulebooks for adults trying to relive their glory days or playing in beer leagues and then try to adapt them to youth sports.

Simply not true

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Probably just my opinion, but which part?

Yes, most of the general playing rules in USA ball apply to all games. IMO, none of them restrict the youth player. The original game was based upon a FP game with a few modifiers for a SP game. The adult FP pretty much faded in most areas simply because it was becoming too difficult for efforts willing to be put out by the younger players.

In the past couple decades, it has been all about how hard and far the bat will propel the ball. You know, ball everyone wants as hard as possible so the ball will shoot off the bat like a bullet while at the same time complaining how unsafe it is. Meanwhile, folks want to change the rules to allow for performance/coaching short comings.

Personally, I wonder how the game would stand without the suped-up equipment under the older rules. But that is just me

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28