update on new 16u learning to bat .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Apr 3, 2020
Maybe toss it about head high a little out front and see how hard and far you can hit it. You don't have to be so nice to the ball :devilish:. Power will come from the ground up not the arms kiddo.
Thank you . Since I'm at home practicing and don't have a net I can't swing like I do at the field.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Thank you . Since I'm at home practicing and don't have a net I can't swing like I do at the field.

Try to get some Wiffle balls or Lite Flight balls.

I don't think doing the half swings are going to help you in a couple ways. For one, that's not the swing you'll use in a game, but also, the people here can't really analyze your swing if it's not your real swing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_ptk1unb5se1usf292o1_250.gifv

Copy this drill exactly:
Happy Gilmore Drill:
tumblr_pqjbvaAMHH1usf292o1_400.gifv

ministep.gif

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

Is that Vlad Jr?

I always found it really awkward to toss the ball up with the top hand because you're flipping it from behind, so the ball is going away from you. I'm not suggesting it's wrong, exactly, but may be more difficult for a younger player to toss with the top hand.

May 12, 2016
Keep up the great work Hannah, nice to see how dedicated you are. I would toss the ball not quite as high a little more out front and see what happens. When performing self toss hitters tend to rush everything in the beginning.. have confidence that you have the power and speed to get to and drive the ball without sacrificing good hitting form. (y)

Apr 3, 2020
Try to get some Wiffle balls or Lite Flight balls.

I don't think doing the half swings are going to help you in a couple ways. For one, that's not the swing you'll use in a game, but also, the people here can't really analyze your swing if it's not your real swing.
I posted a new thread with a video attached at the batting cages .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802