Unprepared Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2021
So... @GhostRider82 what ended up happening?

@GKCO - We left the team after an excessive amount of drama sparked by the coach. The team folded in late December. The organization head eventually admitted that the coach wasn’t ready for that role. We got some of our money back, but not all.

My daughter did not want to join another select team after that experience so she went back to our rec team and played up in 12U instead of 10U. I have studied the game, been a sponge around other coaches, and have done everything in my power to be the opposite of what that coach was to those girls. It didn’t do any of that for me. None of this is about me, but I can at least say I’m giving them the best I’ve got. My daughter has been asked to guest play recently and we’re trying to work on improving the mental side of her game.

She’s going to have a decision to make again this summer. We’ll be better prepared this time and hopefully things work out a little better…or maybe I become THAT parent with little care for the daddy ball stigma and throw my hat into the “select” game if that’s what SHE wants us to pursue. It’s supposed to be fun, right? We’re going to lean into that and I figure the success part will work itself out eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802