Unimpressed at TCS East Coast Nationals in Myrtle Beach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Porta-johns and no concessions and personal coolers were not allowed.

What??? No place to buy a drink AND no personal coolers? Time to exercise some personal initiative.

Regardless, I always ignore the "no personal coolers" rule. I put it in my wagon covered with my hitting net, pop-up shade, and chairs. Let them find it.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
What??? No place to buy a drink AND no personal coolers? Time to exercise some personal initiative.

Regardless, I always ignore the "no personal coolers" rule. I put it in my wagon covered with my hitting net, pop-up shade, and chairs. Let them find it.

Or buy a stealth backpack cooler like we did for CO. It holds a decent amount if you pack strategically.

Mar 8, 2016
Well, after the week is over, my impression of this tournament is just ok. We played at the same park all week which was nice, unfortunately there were two awful dirt fields in a park of 9 really nice turf fields and facilities which sat away from everything else. These were the worst fields we’ve ever played on. Never dragged never relined. Porta-johns and no concessions and personal coolers were not allowed.

Umpires were very good. Only had one that was bad and it was both ways. The rest were friendly and seemed to enjoy being there. Dealt with one scheduling conflict and after about a 20 min delay a director stepped in and covered the field umpire until a replacement was found.

Definitely wasn’t USA Nationals, but it was at the beach which was a fun way to end the summer. I wouldn’t say don’t go, but it isn’t a tournament I would be excited to go back to again.
Jdaddy what team were you with we were on those fields for our pool games and all our bracket games. We didn't get to the turf fields till the championship bracket on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I will say that the big North Myrtle Beach sports complex was beautiful. Lots of picnic tables/shaded seating for between games, nice restrooms, laid out well, and ample parking. The rest of the week went smoothly (although our team played like horse puckey). It was just the satellite park we were at (Central Park) that had the problems. We noticed that in Colorado too. If you weren't at the big park, your experience could vary greatly (lots of Porta-Johns in CO).
We were at Grand Park on the south end. 9 really nice turf fields and two horrible dirt fields. The turf fields had dirt circle and batter/catcher box. Daughter was happy about the dirt behind the dish.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
All three complexes we played at were good although I suspect the Pepper compex would have got worse as the week went (we played there day 1)

Central was small but really nice and North Myrtle was beautiful but they needed to drag it and maintain it more through the day.

We should have made top 4 but we lost a game 2-0 despite 11 hits to 3 that put us into a tough path. We lined into 4 double plays in that game and our 2b booted a hard ground ball at a bad time. Nothing we could do. Then a bad call at the plate cost us in our last game - that umpire was ourstanding all day but he just missed that one. That is our own fault for making that call more important.

We just ignored the whole cooler rule. No one was checking or cared

Mar 8, 2016
We were the Virginia Scrappers Cisco team. We played both our pool games on Wednesday, 3 bracket games Friday, and 1 bracket game Saturday on those fields. We finally got up to the turf fields on Sunday for bracket play. Our head coach raised a fuss but it of course didn't matter. I dont think we ever crossed paths playing. Do i remember your dd is going ti Marysville to play softball. Their coach emailed my dd several times after seeing her play at scenic city but dd was not interested

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We were the Virginia Scrappers Cisco team. We played both our pool games on Wednesday, 3 bracket games Friday, and 1 bracket game Saturday on those fields. We finally got up to the turf fields on Sunday for bracket play. Our head coach raised a fuss but it of course didn't matter. I dont think we ever crossed paths playing. Do i remember your dd is going ti Marysville to play softball. Their coach emailed my dd several times after seeing her play at scenic city but dd was not interested

We did not play each other. Hated they didn’t cross teams up in losers bracket. We played two teams twice. Yes. She going to Maryville. Go take a visit and spend the day with Coach Kelley in person. She may change her mind. :)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Oh, the 225' fences at North Myrtle killed us as a power hitting team. Cost us at least 2-3 runs per game.
I think the fences at Grand Park were 225 as well. Cost us about 5 dingers. Who does your DD play for? Would have loved to have met everybody there. DFP had a big showing, haha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12