Uniforms over multi day tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2019
Canyon Lake Texas
Do 12u teams typically have more than 2 uniforms?
By the time my first 10u team was doing multi day we had 4 uniforms. Some were just basic dry fit t-shirts that we had screen printed which also doubled as practice uniform. Special ones made for a WWP tournament, we used this one a lot due to most of parents being Vets ourselves. Remember not every uniform has to be an $80 button down pro series, those will come with time. Most large organizations carry a handful of choices but if you're just starting or staying small think outside the box, plan ahead and observe your local competition. For now label pants and do a team wash.

May 1, 2018
We have three jerseys, and either black or red pants, red or black socks and belts. So with being able to mix and match pants and uniforms we have a bunch of different combos. Having multiple pants helps out a lot so all your worried about is jersey tops.
Use mix and matching options to create "more uniforms".

May 6, 2015
yeah, team parents should just get together and do all the unis together, making certain to mark anything without printed name/number. our team did that last summer at the one long tourney they did, and it worked nicely, several parents also did a load of their own at same time (we had to pickup older DD from a different sports camp in the middle, so we HAD to do a load of her stuff, before it got too funky)

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
We are about to play in a few multi-day tourneys (minimum 3-5 days). We currently have 2 uniforms. How does everyone handle getting clean uniforms ready for day 3,4,5? (stay/play).
I always brought a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, Tide pods, Spray & Wash and a bunch of quarters. Found a car wash at the end of the day, put the white pants on the floor mat holder, sprayed with Spray & Wash and took the high pressure washer/sprayer to them (that will get 90% of the dirt out) and put them in the bucket with the lid on tight (I once forgot the lid and the bucket tipped over, spilling water all over the cargo area). Then hit the hotel washers and dryers. If it is a stay to play nearly everyone has the same idea so a lot of times you end up sharing a load with other teams - lots of bonding in the laundry room at 11:30 at night. I have also gone to laundromats but that can be a bit sketchy late at night in a strange town. I have sometimes been up until 1:00am doing my daughter's (and a lot of times other team member's) unis. I used to also invest in extra pants - a lot of times you can "recycle" the jersey for a second day but usually not the pants. I hope that helps!

Dec 16, 2010
We are about to play in a few multi-day tourneys (minimum 3-5 days). We currently have 2 uniforms. How does everyone handle getting clean uniforms ready for day 3,4,5? (stay/play).
Send her into the shower with her uniform, let her use soap/shampoo to wash and rinse the uniform.

Wring/drip dry the wet uniform pieces the best you can immediately after shower.

Get extra towels from room service. Lay a towel flat on the floor, lay the pants on the towel and roll the towel up with the pants inside. Put your knees on the rolled towel. Repeat (with a different towel) for the shirt. Can probably handle socks with hand towels.

Then hang it up. Your uniform is nearly dry and will be completely dry in a few hours.

May 6, 2015
Repeat (with a different towel) for the shirt.
brought to mind a funny now / frustating then story regarding a stay to play event last summer.

went to front desk to get some extra towels. was told they have no extra towels. I explain to them I have 5 people in our room, 4 female (DD playing, plus older DD an friend picked up from different sports camp during tourney), and we need more than the 4 towels they gave us. they explain they are fully booked. I ask, knowing you are fully booked, how do you not have an adequate amount of towels.... response, "we do, but we are just very busy this weekend" ... I respond with obviuosly you do NOT have adequate towels, if you did, we would not be having this conversation. I suggest you call the manager and tell them they need to raid the local bed bath and beyond" .... had towels 30 minutes later.

this was on top of hotel under construction (exterior remodel only), older DD finding bottle of henessy 90% gone in a partially finished wall outside, and seeing one of the construction workers urinating (facing away) in parking lot next to one of the work vehicles as we pulled out one morning.

oh, and when we first arrived, having booked a double queen room with a pullout (since there were 5 of us), they tried to put us in a single king with a pullout.

TDs, make certain the hotels on your stay to play list are up to snuff. not necessarily fancy, but family friendly at a minimum.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Maybe it's because we're older (18U) -- but -- all of my teammates and I wash our own uniforms and stuff. Sometimes, we'll all be running down to the laundromat in a nice hotel we're staying at and it's not uncommon to see 6-12 or 13 girls in the laundromat room drinking soda, sports drinks, and Starbucks talking and giggling our heads off while our loads of laundry are going through. Heck, I'll even do my own regular laundry while waiting for my softball shirt, pants, socks, sliding shorts, undershirt, and underwear go through all the while cutting it up with my teammates.

I remember one tournament while we were playing in Western PA, our team was staying in a reasonably nice hotel. All of our parents and chaperoned wanted to have a nice night out and do some stuff on the town on a Saturday night. My teammates and I had gotten the idea we were going to order pizza and we'd have either Dunkin' Donuts Coolata's or Starbucks while we were doing laundry since both were very close to the hotel. I usually bring my practice jersey tops since we're allowed to use them to wear in tournaments and I bring my good jersey tops along with between 4-6 pair of pants and up to 8 pair of socks because I sometimes like to change socks in the middle of a game particularly if it's really hot out and my feet have sweated a whole lot since I am very prone to sweaty feet. So, I had my baggie full of tea bags so I could stick some of them in my cleats and closed turf shoes to keep my footie shoe funk to a minimum and so they'd take a chance to absorb some of the sweat from my cleats and shoes. In our hotel room, it's one of my teammate's mom, myself, our second baseman, our third baseman, and our left fielder (the second baseman and left fielder are sisters). The parents and chaperones leave and we decide we're getting Starbucks. Our whole team goes to Starbucks and get our drinks, and we return to the hotel and grab our laundry. While heading to the laundromat, pitcher #1 and catcher #2 decide we should order pizzas from Domino's since they deliver in that area. So we put the order in and I pay for the order since I'm the only one carrying enough cash to pay for the order and tip the driver. We order a few pies and a couple of apps from their menu. We get the stuff and we have a blast in the laundromat talking, eating pizza and listening to music on Spotify. Once everything was done, we went back up to the room and apparently it wasn't long before the adults were back, we were finishing off the pizzas while we were sitting in our room giving each other mani/pedi's and watching Blockers.

Good times.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Maybe it's because we're older (18U) -- but -- all of my teammates and I wash our own uniforms and stuff. Sometimes, we'll all be running down to the laundromat in a nice hotel we're staying at and it's not uncommon to see 6-12 or 13 girls in the laundromat room drinking soda, sports drinks, and Starbucks talking and giggling our heads off while our loads of laundry are going through. Heck, I'll even do my own regular laundry while waiting for my softball shirt, pants, socks, sliding shorts, undershirt, and underwear go through all the while cutting it up with my teammates.

I remember one tournament while we were playing in Western PA, our team was staying in a reasonably nice hotel. All of our parents and chaperoned wanted to have a nice night out and do some stuff on the town on a Saturday night. My teammates and I had gotten the idea we were going to order pizza and we'd have either Dunkin' Donuts Coolata's or Starbucks while we were doing laundry since both were very close to the hotel. I usually bring my practice jersey tops since we're allowed to use them to wear in tournaments and I bring my good jersey tops along with between 4-6 pair of pants and up to 8 pair of socks because I sometimes like to change socks in the middle of a game particularly if it's really hot out and my feet have sweated a whole lot since I am very prone to sweaty feet. So, I had my baggie full of tea bags so I could stick some of them in my cleats and closed turf shoes to keep my footie shoe funk to a minimum and so they'd take a chance to absorb some of the sweat from my cleats and shoes. In our hotel room, it's one of my teammate's mom, myself, our second baseman, our third baseman, and our left fielder (the second baseman and left fielder are sisters). The parents and chaperones leave and we decide we're getting Starbucks. Our whole team goes to Starbucks and get our drinks, and we return to the hotel and grab our laundry. While heading to the laundromat, pitcher #1 and catcher #2 decide we should order pizzas from Domino's since they deliver in that area. So we put the order in and I pay for the order since I'm the only one carrying enough cash to pay for the order and tip the driver. We order a few pies and a couple of apps from their menu. We get the stuff and we have a blast in the laundromat talking, eating pizza and listening to music on Spotify. Once everything was done, we went back up to the room and apparently it wasn't long before the adults were back, we were finishing off the pizzas while we were sitting in our room giving each other mani/pedi's and watching Blockers.

Good times.

That is awesome, and is definitely a memory you will carry with you for a long time.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
That is awesome, and is definitely a memory you will carry with you for a long time.

That was a lot of fun that evening. Your right it is a memory I'll carry for a long time. I have a lot of crazy stories of stuff we did waiting between games, while in the dugout and after games waiting for the next day to come so we could do the crazy again the next day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12