UMPs making calls to end inning...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
Holy cow...your team is up 8-0 in the first inning and you are whining about a call?

tourney is seeded by record, RA, RS, and RD. not by pool record. not hard to figure out after i stated the next team we faced was an upper level team why i would want to have more on the board.

4 teams with 2-0 records, all not giving up a single run going into pool play. seeds 1 and 2 get a first round bye. by default runs scored now is the tie breaker for a first round bye.

side note, i dont like how they do this in USA ball and would prefer pool seeding to avoid scores like this.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2016
It is the part of the rules describing the playing field.

NCAA Rules:

thank you that is the rule i was looking for. When this line is not drawn it then becomes discretionary and I will now teach them to angle towards safety base halfway down the line.

Mar 28, 2014
thank you that is the rule i was looking for. When this line is not drawn it then becomes discretionary and I will now teach them to angle towards safety base halfway down the line.
Not really discretionary at all. Seems like you're trying to justify your actions of arguing about a rule you didn't know existed by saying that. The foul line acts as the left side border of the running lane. That's all the ump really needs to make the call that he made against you.. The existence of a chalk line for the right hand side of the running lane is irrelevant in your scenario and has no bearing on the play. Teach your girls to stay on the foul side of the line and you will be good to go.

May 1, 2019
IF there is a run rule how MN th innings MUST be played in order to end the game 1st inning 8-0 keep the game moving.... let the team bat. Nobody enjoys a 19-0 ballgame unless ur thaT guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802