Umpires: Lineup card training?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
I cannot understand what you said here, but if you're suggesting that when the DP is on the field, the Flex has left the game, that's not necessarily true. It is only true if the DP enters to play defense for the Flex.

The DP can play defense for any other player, and as long as the Flex is also playing defense, nobody has left the game. The player whom the DP replaced on defense is still in the lineup as a batter only, so the batting order remains the same and the Flex is still playing.

This is so valuable. It's amazing to me that more coaches don't understand the rule and how it can be applied and used to their advantage, essentially an unlimited defensive "substitution" with no affect on your batting lineup. On the other hand we had a plate umpire not understand that we were doing exactly this. Fortunately a more experienced/knowledgeable field ump understood it and explained it to the HPU at the plate talk. The other team....no clue what was going on....along with their parents and my own teams parents.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom