Umpire Obstruction?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2013
I'll tell a story on myself. 16U tournament. I think it was utrip, but that doesn't really matter. I'm on the bases and we have a runner on 1 (so I'm in "B"). Runner steals on the pitch, I go get into position for the call and the throw gets away from F4 who was taking the throw. Runner breaks for third so I chase to get in position for the call at three. Next thing I know, I have spikes on my ankle and F6 and I go down in a heap. She broke behind me to back up the throw to F5. I did roll over forward and came up in time, eyes on the play in front of me, to make the call for the out at third. I apologized to F6 for crossing in front of her and she said that it was all on her. At least that was a case where when I did have a collision with a player, it was not involved in the play and the team I "interfered with" got the desired outcome anyway. I also probably remember me being a lot more graceful and cool looking than I really was in making the call.

Jul 22, 2015
I'll tell a story on myself. 16U tournament. I think it was utrip, but that doesn't really matter. I'm on the bases and we have a runner on 1 (so I'm in "B"). Runner steals on the pitch, I go get into position for the call and the throw gets away from F4 who was taking the throw. Runner breaks for third so I chase to get in position for the call at three. Next thing I know, I have spikes on my ankle and F6 and I go down in a heap. She broke behind me to back up the throw to F5. I did roll over forward and came up in time, eyes on the play in front of me, to make the call for the out at third. I apologized to F6 for crossing in front of her and she said that it was all on her. At least that was a case where when I did have a collision with a player, it was not involved in the play and the team I "interfered with" got the desired outcome anyway. I also probably remember me being a lot more graceful and cool looking than I really was in making the call.
I know this wasn't the point of the post but shouldn't the plate umpire get out to make that call?

Jan 11, 2015
The base umpire has the last runner into 3rd. Just come inside when you see the throw go into the outfield

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802