umpire awards ball to punish catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2013
had a all-star game this weekend were the plate umpire awarded a ball to the batter because my catcher didn't catch a ball that the umpire admitted was a strike. but because it hit him he awarded a ball to the batter. I respectfully called time and asked him about it. he again admitted that it was a strike but because the 12 yr old catcher didn't catch it, he was calling it a ball. I told him he cant do that and he proceeded to get heated with me and told me to go back to my dugout.
no mind you, I have all the respect in the world for umpires as I am my rec leagues UIC. I never raised my voice to him and I made sure I approached him and asked my questions respectfully. other than contact the tournament director(which we did), what else could I have done?
p.s. the rest of the game was not fun as he was obviously mad at me and it showed in his calls and strike zone..
That's really poor officiating a strike is a strike no matter were it comes across the plate sometimes the catcher drops the balls there is so much spin on the ball

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478