UMM.... Hillhouse take a look at this! Hello Elbow!?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 30, 2013
Northwest, IN

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0817.PNG
    IMG_0817.PNG
    199.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0818.PNG
    IMG_0818.PNG
    182.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0819.PNG
    IMG_0819.PNG
    239.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0820.PNG
    IMG_0820.PNG
    219.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0821.PNG
    IMG_0821.PNG
    211 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0822.PNG
    IMG_0822.PNG
    176.2 KB · Views: 97
Aug 21, 2008
Wow... I have no idea who this person is but she sure seems to know a lot about me!! I'm not sure what she means about how I throw "each pitch differently". Of course I spin the ball differently but the mechanics stay the same, I think. I mean, I've seen more than a few videos of myself pitching and I think I had a decent idea of what I'm looking for. But maybe she knows more than me. I also loved how she said people refer to me as the "best pitcher ever". I'd say I ranked about #146 out of 100 of the best pitchers ever soooooo, my ranking by her is a little off. :) LOL

I have not read through their entire website, yet but I will. The one thing that stood out to me on a comedic level was one of their "head pitching instructors" is named Cat Klosterman. It reminded me of the Coming to America movie where John Amos had a resturant called "McDowells" and make it look like McDonalds, altering the logo slightly, etc. The first and last name of this pitching coach soundling like Cat Osterman has to be something they all laugh at and joke about, assuming they have good sense of humor.

I plan on emailing the owner of that website to say hello and introduce myself. I'll start with "Dear Abby..." which is another pop culture reference. lol. (Website owner's name is Abby Hanrahan).

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
When I just started learning about pitching six years ago, I was looking for a local pitching coach who could work with our pitchers. Hanrahan was the first one I found. After a couple emails back and forth, I realized what she taught and didn't follow through on lessons for our pitchers.

I see she's done nothing but double down on her bad teaching in all this time. That's too bad.

Citing Werner is her go-to. It's too bad that Werner continues to be wrong about this, too.

Jan 6, 2018
When I just started learning about pitching six years ago, I was looking for a local pitching coach who could work with our pitchers. Hanrahan was the first one I found. After a couple emails back and forth, I realized what she taught and didn't follow through on lessons for our pitchers.

I see she's done nothing but double down on her bad teaching in all this time. That's too bad.

Citing Werner is her go-to. It's too bad that Werner continues to be wrong about this, too.
Yeah Werner. That’s who the Finches use to sell their hello elbow camps and Windmill machine.

Aug 21, 2008
SO, I literally just skimmed through the article that mentions me, I didn't realize she advocated H/E pitching. I sent her an email to say hello and introduce myself, I'm curious if she writes back.

Funny story that I like telling about Doug Finch, Jennie's dad... in 2004 when my first DVD came out it was selling like crazy. It became very popular and talk of it reached Doug Finch. Keep in mind, I had met Jennie back when the US men's team would train at the same time as the Women's team. In 2000 they were training for Sydney Olympics, we were training for the World tournament in South Africa. Anyway, he calls and says "This is Doug Finch..." and it took me a minute to realize who he was and how his daughter was. He wanted to buy my DVD, so I told him to order it online like anyone else would. No, no, no... he needed it overnighted. He was taking an overnight flight the next day and wanted to watch it on his flight. I said, Sir, you're talking about an overnight delivery on a Saturday... do you realize that cost? He didn't care. The video was $30 or whatever, shipping was $60. It was twice the value of the DVD. I always thought that was funny and never understood why the urgency was needed for it. I know they did (maybe they still do) a father-daughter clinic together at different places, similar to how Rick Pauly does with Sarah. I don't mean that to say they teach the same things, but just the father-daughter angle for clinics.

Jan 25, 2022
If she was a national championship pitcher, I'm just about willing to bet she didn't throw the way the students do on her Instagram page.

Jun 20, 2015
i skimmed through the above pics above and all I can say is "Run, Run fast, Run far". I'm not even remotely qualified to teach anything and cannot agree with a single sentence in those pictures. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
If she was a national championship pitcher, I'm just about willing to bet she didn't throw the way the students do on her Instagram page.

It's hard to know for sure based on a picture, but... I think you might be right.

A couple other pics in the slideshow are a bit more questionable.

1662168169912.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478