Ultimate Hitting Machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2008
I do not have it,but I seen a woman using it with her DD. Seemed to work well. They hit for a few hours non stop.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I haven't seen one, but I have the Louisville Slugger Pitching Machine (also spring loaded) and for younger hitters it is awesome! It pitches regular softballs at up to 45 mph.

Aug 2, 2008
The Louisville Slugger works very well. It is great for fields with no or limited power. We run our 8-U off pitching machines, we get power from our conscessions. It took awhile to figure out when they would start the microwave it would blow the only fuse and shut off the pitching machine, we didn't realize it and would turn up the machine and then they would reset the fuse. It was very annoying, mechanical machine's are reletively cheap and accurate.

Mike

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
Has anyone used or purchased the Ulitmate hitting machine, its the manual pitching machine that is spring loaded.

Yes, I have that machine and have used it until recently. Its great and customer service is great. I doubled up the bands when I used it at 12u, totally against the warnings. I am about to garage sale mine off. If you get one, get a 2 foot 2x4 to put (bolt) on the front to keep it steady, probably not necessary if you keep the bands at one.

Jul 20, 2008
Are you talking about the Louisville Slugger Ultimate Pitching machine like this?:

Louisville Slugger Red Fire Softball Ultimate Pitching Machine

Or the cheaper version:

http://www.baseballsavings.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=4393

I have used both. The Blue Flame is good through 12U. The top speed is about 35 mph. The Red Fire is good to 55 mph.

The Blue Flame puts backspin on the ball like a baseball pitcher would. The Red Fire puts front spin on the ball and will have a drop action. This is better in my opinion since it is more like what the girls see in a game. They also use regular softballs, not special balls like the Jugs machine. You can change pitch location easier than a Jugs too.

The Blue Flame is easily portable and will fit in the trunk of a car with the leg off. The Red Fire will take a large SUV or pick up to haul.

Neither need electricity which means you can work them anywhere.

I highly recommend either one since your team will see a lot more quality piches to hit during batting practice.

The Red Fire is $380 at Baseball Savings and the Blue Flame is $170. That's where I bought mine.

Edited to fix the link. Sorry!

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
Are you talking about the Louisville Slugger Ultimate Pitching machine like this?:

The Red Fire is $380 at Baseball Savings and the Blue Flame is $170. That's where I bought mine.

You posted the same link twice, I think. I have the cheaper one, the one that is powered by the bands. I paid 150 about 7 years ago.

May 31, 2009
Here's a product called the Ultimate Hitting Machine. Beebe Sports Inc. : Home

It's a soft toss machine, not a pitching machine. There's a video on this website showing the product, and also same video on Youtube from hittingworld.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28