Uhh Ohh Rec Ball MIGRATION

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Did you start going to any guesting at practices? Tryouts?
Have a couple students who are transitioning oc lb area.

No...not yet. Eventhough my younger DD is much more advanced than older DD at 10u and 12u, 14u stage (she juat turned 12 in June)...but just is not interested in TB....yet. She is in that in between weird stage of too good and competitive for her REC league (she's always played up in age group) but she doesn't want to go full tilt into TB yet and maybe leave friends behind.

So we are keeping our eyes and ears open and as Ive told her..."At some point soon for 12u/14u you will need to play somewhere somehow for TB if you wanna keep improving and play w really good players that are better than you are."

I also don't wanna jump to TB in wrong situation/team and have her hate it and lose her enjoyment for the game. Which is what happened to older DD after 2 1/2 yrs of TB.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
My daugther is caught up in this situation. A 2011 in southern California, we weren't entertaining travel until it seemed there may not be a fall rec season. She played up in 10U for the spring, but only managed four games. She held her own as the starting catcher and leadoff batter, but really needed the playing time.

About a month ago I started putting out feelers for travel opportunities. Our family situation (she has three brothers, two 4 or under, and my wife works nights three shifts/week) makes it tough to join a travel org right now. BUTTTTTTT...it's the only way she can get some dirt time.

Now, it seems we missed the travel opportunities. So we'll work out individually (attending a fielding clinic tonight) and develop those skills, but as a catcher especially, valuable dirt time seems to be lost.

Aug 23, 2016
My daugther is caught up in this situation. A 2011 in southern California, we weren't entertaining travel until it seemed there may not be a fall rec season. She played up in 10U for the spring, but only managed four games. She held her own as the starting catcher and leadoff batter, but really needed the playing time.

About a month ago I started putting out feelers for travel opportunities. Our family situation (she has three brothers, two 4 or under, and my wife works nights three shifts/week) makes it tough to join a travel org right now. BUTTTTTTT...it's the only way she can get some dirt time.

Now, it seems we missed the travel opportunities. So we'll work out individually (attending a fielding clinic tonight) and develop those skills, but as a catcher especially, valuable dirt time seems to be lost.

DD plays rec in Southern California and it looks like we won't have a fall season, either. But coaches at her league have organized unofficial practices as well as friendlies with teams from other local leagues. We're hoping restrictions get eased at some point so we can play more in the fall and winter but right now the girls are getting some (socially distant, of course) practice and scrimmage time.

So you may want to put out feelers with the coaches you know in your daughter's league. They could be organizing something similar (or maybe you could inspire them to organize something similar).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478