UCLA continues to roll!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Last year UCLA was my national championship prediction after the first weekend of play. They didn't disappoint.
With the loss of Garcia this year to the Olympics I thought FSU would have no problem winning their second championship in 3 years. If last night is any indication UCLA may challenge that that thought. Faramio has improved so much from last year. She is a true #1 and can carry the Bruins.
No matter who wins in the end this has been a great start to the season. Well done Clearwater!

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I was watching that game during Sabre intermissions. It looked like both pitchers had straight arm deliveries and no IR.

I would say this pitcher from Georgia does not pitch with IR. You have to go to about the 54 minute mark of the game. She does get good results in this game.

Sep 29, 2014
If you look closely at 55:10 and slo mo it she has the Jennie Finch fake high finish she has used I/R and the ball is long gone by the time she pulls her arm up.

@BT3100 Speaking of the UCLA game do you have it DVRed? I was wondering about what you though about the call of obstruction at 2nd base on the steal. The second baseman covers so it puts her it the base path she does clear a good path at get inside as the throw comes but they called obstruction....just not sure how a second baseman can ever cover on a steal if you can't be in the base path with out the ball...I will grant she does stay in front of the bag for a while but would be curious to get some of the umpires takes on this but don't have the video clip cause it definitely a YHTBT type thing...I thought it was kinda cheesy

Jun 8, 2016
Wont play on my laptop or phone weird?
Looks like something happened to the video 🤷‍♂️
This is the channel it was on:

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My .02 was the obstruction call at 2nd was BS. She crossed the base path to get to the ball but then cleared it before the runner got there. I would have to watch it again but I didn't think they runner had to alter her path either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802