U.S.A./USSSA age chart changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Kevin Shelton from Texas Glory just got named USA Director for DFW. He has leadership positions in TFL and Alliance and sponsors. So I have a feeling this will become more widespread.

Sep 1, 2021
I read through the rest of the thread and reviewed the chart and can't conclude anything other than this basic summarization. This will affect almost no one.
Should that be their choice. But it will potentially affect 33% of players and about 100% of teams.

Apr 1, 2017
Should that be their choice. But it will potentially affect 33% of players and about 100% of teams.
If all the different letters would agree to make the change, it's really only a 1 year issue for things to sort themselves out. The problem is, the different sanctions won't do it that way, so it will be 5 years of different rules, and then a few more years of confusion, and then one of the groups will go back to Jan 1st.......

Jun 20, 2015
actually, if the teams were always playing up into the next age in fall, versus trying to play down, it would have little effect. and drop trying to play the odd years (9u, 11u, 13u etc). first year aged teams just need to suffer thru, learn and improve.

May 13, 2021
actually, if the teams were always playing up into the next age in fall, versus trying to play down, it would have little effect. and drop trying to play the odd years (9u, 11u, 13u etc). first year aged teams just need to suffer thru, learn and improve.
I don't really understand how playing in what you called the odd years has any effect on what age group someone is eligible to play in. Where we play everyone moves up in the fall.

Jun 20, 2015
I don't really understand how playing in what you called the odd years has any effect on what age group someone is eligible to play in. Where we play everyone moves up in the fall.
here as well, move up in the fall. but if you're not moving up in the fall, and honestly that leads to chants of "trophy chaser' around here.

People try to play the odd years so they don't take their lumps as first year aged team. example team of 9u playing 10u. Sorry, it happens. Next year, you will be 2nd year aged team and issuing the lumps. Or maybe be a little more realistic with tourney selections as 1st aged year teams.

May 13, 2021
here as well, move up in the fall. but if you're not moving up in the fall, and honestly that leads to chants of "trophy chaser' around here.

People try to play the odd years so they don't take their lumps as first year aged team. example team of 9u playing 10u. Sorry, it happens. Next year, you will be 2nd year aged team and issuing the lumps. Or maybe be a little more realistic with tourney selections as 1st aged year teams.
I understand why people play odd year tournaments. Don't really begrudge anyone for doing it especially at 9 and 11, i just didn't understand how it had anything to do with someone being age eligible to play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28