Typical price for lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Have two daughters looking to play rec ball this spring. My 9yo has no experience at all besides the little we’ve done at home. My 7yo played fall ball but still has a ton to work on just with being able to throw from the plate to the pitcher, doing more than an arm swing to hit, etc. Anyway, I’m looking to get them lessons on a weekly basis to really focus on fundamentals and basics to where they are confident to play spring ball. So what is the typical cost of 1hr lessons? I’ve seen prices all over the place so figured I’d ask here.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Depends. I've paid between $40-60/hr for private hitting lessons, and as much as $100/hr for private catching lessons. There are a lot of variables that affect the rates.

Especially for a beginner, NOTHING is more important than reps. Instruction can help improve mechanics/technique, but the best progress will be made between instruction sessions with practice at home with you - play catch, hit, take grounders.

May 6, 2015
for DD we pay $50/half hour, $70 per hour indoor, chop $15/$20 off for outdoor. be sure to watch and listen, and reinforce the lessons at home with them.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Wow ok the prices I’ve seen are pretty good then. The person I'll be using quoted around that for an hour for both girls.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wow ok the prices I’ve seen are pretty good then. The person I’ll probably be using quoted $50 per 75 mins for both girls.

Just to be clear, the $100/hr I have paid for lesson was for my DD (an experienced high-level player) to be able to work with a coach who has played the game at the highest levels. It wasn't fundamental instruction for a new player.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Depends. I've paid between $40-60/hr for private hitting lessons, and as much as $100/hr for private catching lessons. There are a lot of variables that affect the rates.

Especially for a beginner, NOTHING is more important than reps. Instruction can help improve mechanics/technique, but the best progress will be made between instruction sessions with practice at home with you - play catch, hit, take grounders.

Correct. We throw as often as possible. They are obviously still learning to catch so right now it’s a lot of underhanded tossing to them. My hope is that with them doing the lessons together, they will be able to practice that instruction together when not with the instructor. But I definitely plan on watching the lessons that way I can reinforce what they learned that week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802