Typical fall ball schedule with school sports?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
First year 14s, and first year that school sports are starting up. Looking at the school calendars and comparing to UTRIP and ASA there just isnt that many choices available for free weekends. Right now we have 5 weekends and of those 5, 2 have a one girl conflict (doable). So for those coaches that have been there what is your typical fall ball schedule?

May 29, 2015
I don’t know about other state associations, but in Illinois IHSA rules don’t allow players to play in other teams in season.

My daughter’s high school team had a girl pull this. I happened to be umpiring the tournament her team was in. A couple of other girls from the high school team were there watching their travel teams, but not playing.

I had the team for the fourth round of the day. The coach came to the pregame and handed me his lineup card with the girl batting #7. The other high schools saw her and must have said something to her, because as we were getting ready for the first pitch the coach hustles out and tells me “batter #7 is injured and won’t be playing.”

Monday morning I get a call from the high school athletic director asking me if she played because she claimed she was “just in uniform for team pictures before they played.” I told him I would imagine she did play (since I had her for the fourth round of the second day), but she did not actually play in my game. I advised him she was in the lineup, but was scratched just before. The other girls had ratted her out.

Penalty for this? The high school team could be forced to forfeit all games she played in.

Jul 15, 2015
In Oklahoma, it's pretty much the girls belong to the HS team until their season is over and TB tournaments are off-limits. Won't see many 16u/18u tournaments scheduled until mid-October. Depending upon how aggressive the TB coach is, they may get 6 tourneys in the fall (but weather usually knocks out a few).

Mar 7, 2016
There is no 7th/8th grade softball around here, I have been told that even in HS ball in order to play outside of school ball a team can not have more than 5 players from one school. This is Kansas by the way. Not sure of the exact rules however.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45