Types of Tees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 19, 2009
I have been thinking about getting a Miller's Swing Rite Tee. How many of use them and think they are worth the investment? Other than the standard type, do any of you use anything else?

Thanks

Jul 17, 2008
Troy, Illinois
Coach B25, what makes it so special? What does it do that other tees don't?

Not to put down another product that looks very similar, you can count on these tees standing the test of time. That area where the ball sits is rolled rubber. It gives with the bat. Therefore, the tee does not get knocked over with a poor swing. (within limits naturally) You can break the tee down and take it anywhere. I coached baseball for a looooong time, I've never run across better tees. My dd hits off of one every night. Ken, many of the tees that people use actually end up causing poor swings. Kids develop a fear of hitting them with their bats since they are hard plastic. No one will ever fear hitting of of this type of tee.

Please, if you haven't gone and looked at their website, do so. Most MLB teams use them and I discovered my favorite MLB teams uses them. Most colleges around here also use them.

Edited to add:

I forgot to add that all of the materials used to make this tee are first rate. It is an investment that will last and last.

May 7, 2008
I found with the Schutt travel tee you need to put something on the base to keep the thing from falling over. Maybe the Tanner Tee is better constructed. If so, I might order a couple for road trips.

We use the yellow ATEC or the blue Fallline single position tees. They are polyurethane (whatever that is) and will last pretty much forever. They are expensive and aren't great for younger kids because they are very hard if the tee is hit instead of the ball.

But if you are looking for something with which you will have no problems, need no replacement parts and won't fall over, these are your tees.

Jan 19, 2009
For those of you recommending the single tees, have any of you used the double tees? If so what are your thoughts?

Dec 3, 2008
A suggestion about tees: If you get one constructed so that the base of it looks like homeplate, make sure you tell your players that the tee is in THE WRONG PLACE. We hit the ball out in front of the plate; don't teach players the habit of hitting the ball too deep in the zone. I second the tanner tee. We get throwdown plates and set them up in front of them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28