Two fantastic 11.75” NP5’s on sale.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Heart of the Hide.

Pro Preferred.

Both Spring Trainers, both great patterns, both great deals, hey.......it’s what I do! ;)

Mar 6, 2018
Are you selling them? I just got my daughter the second one. Same time I got both my boys R2G heart of hide gloves 11.25" for $150 and my daughter the Pro Preffered.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Are you selling them? I just got my daughter the second one. Same time I got both my boys R2G heart of hide gloves 11.25" for $150 and my daughter the Pro Preffered.
No, that was a link straight to Rawlings. What age is your DD and what’s your thoughts on that Pro Preferred?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s super nice!!

Mar 6, 2018
No, that was a link straight to Rawlings. What age is your DD and what’s your thoughts on that Pro Preferred?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s super nice!!
I like it better than the boys R2G's which cost more. I paid $89 for this glove. They were all discounted heavily at play it again. I enquired on why such a drastic discount. They said these models were last years and they bought them from rawlings in a bundle buy as rawlings was trying to move them. They were told those color schemes were unusual and I guess didn't sell well. DD has that exact color and it looks great. So far so good using a baseball glove for softball. I started doing that with no issues. It's not terribly soft and has a thing feel to it but it's very nice. The R2G''s are being stubborn to break in compared to hers. For infield and pitching it's great. I have noticed her letting a few pop out on fly balls at times. @ 11.75 it's on the small side for softball outfield. my $.02

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I like it better than the boys R2G's which cost more. I paid $89 for this glove. They were all discounted heavily at play it again. I enquired on why such a drastic discount. They said these models were last years and they bought them from rawlings in a bundle buy as rawlings was trying to move them. They were told those color schemes were unusual and I guess didn't sell well. DD has that exact color and it looks great. So far so good using a baseball glove for softball. I started doing that with no issues. It's not terribly soft and has a thing feel to it but it's very nice. The R2G''s are being stubborn to break in compared to hers. For infield and pitching it's great. I have noticed her letting a few pop out on fly balls at times. @ 11.75 it's on the small side for softball outfield. my $.02
Wait a minute.......you paid $89 for a $350 Pro Preferred? And the R2G's are more stubborn to break in than a pro level Spring Training glove?? Snap a pic of the model number on the inside of the pinky and post it here please, I'm curious!

If it is the PP model I linked above, you should have bought 10 of them cause you got a stupid good deal! The PIAS close to me knows what gloves are what.........and they price accordingly!

Mar 6, 2018
Wait a minute.......you paid $89 for a $350 Pro Preferred? And the R2G's are more stubborn to break in than a pro level Spring Training glove?? Snap a pic of the model number on the inside of the pinky and post it here please, I'm curious!

If it is the PP model I linked above, you should have bought 10 of them cause you got a stupid good deal! The PIAS close to me knows what gloves are what.........and they price accordingly!
DD has it at school today for try outs. If she’s home before I go to work tonight I’ll snap a pic. And hey I’m not a glove expert so I could be wrong. But I’m certain its that model. Any thoughts on the R2Gs? Good deal or no? Decent glove?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Any thoughts on the R2Gs? Good deal or no? Decent glove?
I'm probably the wrong guy to ask an opinion of a "ready-to-go" glove. BUT.........they do look to be well built and they come in some really great, well proven patterns. I don't know much about them, so I'm curious what Rawlings does to them to help them be close to game ready? Are the removing material, are they pounding the crap out of them by machine??

I probably didn't answer your question, this line of gloves is just something I've never messed with.

Mar 6, 2018
I'm probably the wrong guy to ask an opinion of a "ready-to-go" glove. BUT.........they do look to be well built and they come in some really great, well proven patterns. I don't know much about them, so I'm curious what Rawlings does to them to help them be close to game ready? Are the removing material, are they pounding the crap out of them by machine??

I probably didn't answer your question, this line of gloves is just something I've never messed with.
These are my first expensive glove buys for my boys. I was a catcher back in the day and Wilson A2000 is the only glove I know/knew by name. I had no idea r2g meant ready to go. Cause that, they ain’t. I just bought them because they were a deal and I have heard the heart of hide was good but it was an impulse buy and I’ma dad of 3 who can’t afford but so much.

edit: by catcher I meant I didn’t use many fielding gloves so I’m a novice

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee