Two clap drill?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
We're having an instructor come to practice this weekend, and she'll be doing a "two clap" drill as one of the hitting stations.

I haven't been able to find anything after searching the forums, you tube, and google. Is anyone familiar with this drill? (The one relevant search result on DFP was in regards to slapping, which is not being taught at this point).

And yes, I'll be asking the instructor for a description ahead of time as well - just thought I'd see if anyone knew of it or has used it.

Thanks,

Gags

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I've never used it, but there are plenty of references to it.

~ HITTING DRILLS ~ A.Clap Drill
1 .Set-up and stride drill to separate stride & swing
2. Teaches how to stay back –“stride to go back...not to go forward”
3. Stride on 1st clap, swing on 2nd clap
4. Vary the timing of the claps
5. Open eyes vs. closed eyes
6. Incorporate into tee-work

Nov 18, 2015
but there are plenty of references to it
brain fart 😳 - I was searching on "two clap drill" - instead of just "clap drill". Good thing I wore slip on shoes today, probably would have tied both shoelaces together...

I've been trying to work on their timing and position at toe touch. I'm not a big fan of hitting drills that break everything into steps, but it looks like this drill could reinforce what we've already been doing without having them all look like robots.

May 12, 2016
Drills like this should be done with caution IMO... this can reinforce a false stride, for example instead of really striding, just sticking the front foot forward with all the weight still on the back foot

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28