Two B Teams same Org

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Around here C level ball is for any player who wants to play. Not much better than rec.

B level is pretty darn good players.

A is cream of the crop.

Yep. Our school teams play in a rec league. We have a few B level travel players. They hold their own. A couple of them would be C level stars (and they mostly dominate rec ball). None of them are currently A level. All of them know how to play the game, and they're all well beyond the "development of any player that wants to play softball."

We have a bunch of those types, all various levels of potential. I wouldn't dream of trying to get them on a B-level travel team right now.

Nov 13, 2020
We have the same dilemma. We have girls that want to play more than just little league - so a group of parents started up a TB club as we had limited local TB presence. how do the girls even get better if they don’t join a B level travel org? They want more play time than just rec ball but they are definitely not elite status (at least not yet!). We have the problem of having too many girls for 1 team but barely enough for 2 - about 15-16 girls. So the second Team which is more C/rec level, has mostly all the younger girls and the coach is going to set up quarterly scrimmages for them to play with new upcoming 12u teams rather than enter in tournaments. I’m one of the parents helping to build the local org and it’s not easy - no one is getting paid and we are only charging dues to cover costs for equipment, fields, etc. at many times it feels like we are running a slightly pumped up rec league. I don’t really have advice for you but just wanted to let you know that we feel your pain and are going through the same dilemma. There were many arguments between friends on what is the best solution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478