Twitter blowing up about 7th grade rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Strong defender, can’t hit is what I’m hearing here.

IDK, sounds top 75 at best unless the team org can sweeten the pot a little.

Has the org head told any college coaches she will be playing for them yet? (OOPS MEANT TO ASK IF ANY SCHOOLS HAVE SHOWN INTEREST.)

She walks a lot. Her strike zone is very small. :p

Nov 13, 2020
This whole topic reminds me of this recent situation when DD's Coach had one of those recruiting services come into their practice, the 'scouts' assessed them and then told all the parents after the assessments, they would announce which girls would be selected to be represented by this company. Of course, girls and families were so excited to be selected. What a fabulous way for this service to get a sale! $$$ 💸 these girls are young 14u (7th and 8th grade) ...

Oct 4, 2018
Did y'all see the number one 2028 girl on the list? 12 HRs in the fall season. Yowzers. Our entire team of 2027 girls had like 2 HRs our entire fall season.

Oct 4, 2018
How far were the fences? Who were the pitchers? Context matters.

She's on a A-level team playing other A-level teams in A-level tournaments at standard ballparks. It's ok to be skeptical, but she's legit. As are the top 20.

I know of several parents who bitch and moan about these lists, entirely because their little princess isn't on them. I listened to their bitching, and said "we've played against many of the girls on this list. They are very good."

The moms bitching have DDs on teams that aren't even "allowed" in the same tournaments as these teams. They just don't get how much better the top teams are than their team. And then if they do play them, they admit "wow, she's amazing."

The lists are certainly subjective and have flaws, but I've found that the top 20, perhaps even top 50 are pretty solid. In the 2027 group, we've played against most of the girls and they are worthy of their spots on these lists.

Jul 19, 2021
She's on a A-level team playing other A-level teams in A-level tournaments at standard ballparks. It's ok to be skeptical, but she's legit. As are the top 20.
Since when does asking for data to provide context equal being skeptical?

Jan 1, 2023
Did y'all see the number one 2028 girl on the list? 12 HRs in the fall season. Yowzers. Our entire team of 2027 girls had like 2 HRs our entire fall season.
I saw one of the girls ranked #3 play, and she is amazing both hitting and pitching. She hit 67mph pitching in a game apparently. Absolute superstar in the making.

I saw another girl in the top 20 where everything had to be fabricated. Played the team 3 times and she did nothing. The team also plays a weak schedule. She was the only girl on her team in the 300+ girls ranked, so no idea where the nomination came from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2